Final Post:

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Final Post:

Post by Piemastaj »

So without warning I was removed from being a moderator because my posts are not nice enough for people. That being said I will not be posting on this forum any more and I also requested that every one of my posts be removed, seeing that my posts are an issue they should be removed.

I do apologize to those that found my posts useful, however this is about principles. The site owner (who has every right to feel this way, personal opinion or what have you) feels that me posting here brings too much of a negative attitude and seeing as I refuse to play 'nice' with people there is no point in coming to these boards or posting here anymore.

Not a cry for attention or any of that sort, merely explaining things. As always if anyone has questions or wants to discuss things send a tell to Xegony.Piemastaj.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Final Post:

Post by svenalo »

Humbug. Your voice is needed here.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

People will whine about anything on the internet. We shouldn't let those people with inflated egos make the boards lose a very knowledgeable player. The mage community will lack something without PJ.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:People will whine about anything on the internet. We shouldn't let those people with inflated egos make the boards lose a very knowledgeable player. The mage community will lack something without PJ.
All voices lost are bad, indeed I have said this before, but he is leaving by choice. He has only lost mod status. That is it. I'm not defending either side here but pointing out that no one is silencing a member or forcing one out of the community.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

I've only ever found your posts informative and helpful. Sucks to see you go.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Sorry to see you go Pj. Had some good discussions and learned a few things.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Well, this sucks...
Sunlace

Post by Sunlace »

deadman1204 wrote:People will whine about anything on the internet. We shouldn't let those people with inflated egos make the boards lose a very knowledgeable player. The mage community will lack something without PJ.
This.

I realize that the board owner can do as he pleases. However, Piemastaj spends a lot of time and effort on improving our class and mages are in good place now, pets-wise and dps-wise, thanks to Pie and others like him. Just because someone feels offended with a direct approach that Pie may have, it is ridiculous to strip him of moderator status.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Sunlace wrote:
This.

I realize that the board owner can do as he pleases. However, Piemastaj spends a lot of time and effort on improving our class and mages are in good place now, pets-wise and dps-wise, thanks to Pie and others like him. Just because someone feels offended with a direct approach that Pie may have, it is ridiculous to strip him of moderator status.
Conduct, not contribution to the class, is what makes the moderator. When this board started, people were asked to volunteer to be the mods and a dozen people put in and only a handful were chosen. They were told they'd be held to a standard too.

Again, he lost his volunteer status privileges of being a mod; his account is active and he has the same rights as any other member of this website. The site owner felt like there was a breach of conduct, action was taken, and now we have this thread.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Pie is pretty much the go-to mage for EQ... very upsetting. Plus Pie helped me out when I returned to the game last October after 2 years away, and he didn't even know me but helped a random stranger. Long live Pie!