Suggestions for leveling again (I know, sorry)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Everwes

Suggestions for leveling again (I know, sorry)

Post by Everwes »

My mage leads my threesome with bard and druid and is 90. I have whispersteel loop and at 92 I can use my black vertabrae. I have been doing dailies and using exp potions and mostly exp in the 85 hot zone, bloodfields. I want to get to 92 because I am impatient. I am sure not the best three boxer. Any suggestions on where to take my three to get decent regular experience? I was in Korsican Warrens when a nice person helped me get my j5 merc. I guess the idea that two hours of play gives me half a bubble of yellow seems daunting. I am loving being back and playing eq as a mostly single player game and having three mains, but I would love some advice. Thanks much!
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Re: Suggestions for leveling again (I know, sorry)

Post by Potawatomi »

Valley of Lunanyn (VoA) and The Grounds (HoT) are both Level 90 hotzones, I'd try there first. Also, you could do the Partisan and Mercenary Tasks in Shard's Landing. If you're lucky or have some higher level friends, they can run you through the two Hero Missions and you would probably Ding 92 from completing all of those.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Just because a zone is labeled hot it isn't necessarily the best xp out there. Take your team out and get the gyrospire relocation device. Once you complete that start grinding in beza and zeka. Use your anti-summoned nukes on both zones. If your bard is well geared and AA'd it'll tank just fine but otherwise use your earth pet to tank.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Haven't been to beza/zeka in a minute but figured at 90 it wouldn't have been the best for req xp.

Edit, Going through older posts, looks like zeka would be good thru 94.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

If you get the relocation device and port to the roof Zeka is good through 95. Level 96 it turns to doodoo.
thomasmgp
Trial Member

Post by thomasmgp »

If you want something a little more fun than mindless grinding in the same spot go back and start with tier 1 HoT zones and do all the Hunter achievements. Getting loot at the same time too.
Kraymerica
Magician

Post by Kraymerica »

I just dinged 96 to get the new air pet, and now my AA grind spot on Zeka roof is a mix of greens :(
Should have stayed 95 longer I guess. Not sure where to go next for easy aa grinding, but just a heads up to NOT ding over to 96 if you want to stay in Zeka.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Sadly there is no place that I can find as easy as Zeka for AA grinding. Valley of Lunayan (sp?) is pretty good but if you get adds your air pet will get shredded. There's a few tasks in the well that are very mage friendly. The grounds is a hotzone and while mobs there go down faster/easier than newer zones you'll still have to work a fair amount harder for your AA's.

If you find a good place comparable to Zeka let us know. If not for my fellowship I'd be stuck back at around 5k AA's.