Can't get in

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Everwes

Can't get in

Post by Everwes »

Three day double exp weekend and not only can't I get into the game, I can't even get to soe boards. Am I alone and if so...what is suggested?
Danille

Re: Can't get in

Post by Danille »

No problems getting in on this end, and no posts on soe boards of people having that issue my friend. It appears all is working as intended. :(
Everwes

Post by Everwes »

Well I am gobsmacked. I deleted game files and reinstalled game on steam. I have no idea why I can access the soe boards on Chrome or IE. I don't even know where to begin to fix this.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Everwes wrote:Well I am gobsmacked. I deleted game files and reinstalled game on steam. I have no idea why I can access the soe boards on Chrome or IE. I don't even know where to begin to fix this.
The boards and the game are separate. That means if you can't do either it's an issue on your end. Some of the typical candidates for those issues are firewalls and AV software. I have had issues with reaching the SoE boards and have had to do a DNS flush to get them going again.

When you try to log in, are you getting any error messages? How far can you get (eg. character select screen)? What error message are you getting when you try to access the forums? Are there any SoE sites you can access? I have had many issues with using steam and I am unsure how Steam works with EQ. EQ launches using a patcher that is in the EQ file folder so try that if you aren't using it already.

That's about the limit of any knowledge I have. Maybe you knew that stuff, maybe you've tried it, or maybe it doesn't work but I figured I'd give a shot to give you something to work with. :)
Everwes

Post by Everwes »

Of course I have tried it all, DNS flush etc. I can access the boards through a proxy server. It is strange that I can't enter the game also though. When I try to enter I get a black screen, no game information or anything. It is confusing to me but I play eq so I am good at grinding.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Everwes wrote:Of course I have tried it all, DNS flush etc. I can access the boards through a proxy server. It is strange that I can't enter the game also though. When I try to enter I get a black screen, no game information or anything. It is confusing to me but I play eq so I am good at grinding.
If you can get to the boards through a proxy server, have you tried the support forum? Or used the knowledge database to look for a fix? Nearly always someone on the support forums knows a fix for an issue.