Did they break pet twinking?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Did they break pet twinking?

Post by Voragath »

ranakor wrote:
Voragath wrote:It is possible that someone ninja equipped your pet. Also, what gear did you give it, specifically. You can give that pet the gear from HoT and it will act like that. I sometimes play baby alts and I will give lowbies the HoT armor and they are god mode.
No one ninja equiped anything, i was all alone in luclin.

It was mage summoned gear but i can't remember the name, wasn't the highest level but fairly high, will try & find it again
All alone, on Luclin?

If you gave it the level 86 summoned armor, it does not have a recommended or required level flag; all pets can wear it. It adds about 2k or just over in HP aside from all the other mods like avoidance, ac, etc.
ranakor

Post by ranakor »

Voragath wrote:
ranakor wrote:
Voragath wrote:It is possible that someone ninja equipped your pet. Also, what gear did you give it, specifically. You can give that pet the gear from HoT and it will act like that. I sometimes play baby alts and I will give lowbies the HoT armor and they are god mode.
No one ninja equiped anything, i was all alone in luclin.

It was mage summoned gear but i can't remember the name, wasn't the highest level but fairly high, will try & find it again
All alone, on Luclin?

If you gave it the level 86 summoned armor, it does not have a recommended or required level flag; all pets can wear it. It adds about 2k or just over in HP aside from all the other mods like avoidance, ac, etc.
Actually could be that, so only frightforged has reqs?
I guess since i knew from back then there was no reqs & i saw reqs on frightforged i assumed it didn't change.
However if it is the case it still leaves me with a doubt, is recommanded applied & required still ignored? because my pet "did" wear a weap with required & recommanded level, hitting for no more than it should (probably because recommanded droped the damage too low) but it was visibly wearing it (regardless of it having required level)?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

ranakor wrote: Actually could be that, so only frightforged has reqs?
I guess since i knew from back then there was no reqs & i saw reqs on frightforged i assumed it didn't change.
However if it is the case it still leaves me with a doubt, is recommanded applied & required still ignored? because my pet "did" wear a weap with required & recommanded level, hitting for no more than it should (probably because recommanded droped the damage too low) but it was visibly wearing it (regardless of it having required level)?
When it comes to summoned armor, manaforged and frightforged are the only ones with req'd levels on them.

As to the recommended business, I don't remember. I discussed it briefly with Aristo during VoA. For equipping purposes, they ignore recommended; for stat purposes, I don't know. My guess is that they follow recommended as well. Take Fist of Ixiblat for example. It has a req'd level of 10 but a higher recommended level. As you use higher level pets, the proc damage goes up. If they follow recommended levels for procs, it only seems logical that it would extend to stats as well.

And, a pet might equip gear now without getting the stats whereas they wouldn't equip before. During SoF or SoD they made it so that gear with a required level higher than yours could be equipped. The reason for that was to allow you to keep your gear on in case you deleveled from death; as opposed to making it stay on the corpse. That change could have transferred to the pets. I can look into that issue as it has potential for being a bug.
ranakor

Post by ranakor »

I see, so the nerf i'm looking for is probably wished for and dates from years ago & not 2 weeks ago, oh well & i hoped it was a fluke. Am happy to know anyway since it's no bug it means there's no negative effect on higher level pets.

Any other info you'd like to debunk on pet twinking? I die rather rarely & i"d like to make a sick pet, nodrop isn't an issue with nothing being nodrop on fv, is there anything i shouldn't try to equip because it won't work or can i even try raid level armor?