PLing a wizzy with Mage

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Felinya
Magician

PLing a wizzy with Mage

Post by Felinya »

Hi Everyone,

I'm wanting to do some testing on duo combo's so I want to get a wizzy up as fast as I can. I semi enjoy it as well but my patience fades so I need to get it done quickly.

I know that mage's are great at PLing toons by rounding up mobs and letting them beat themselves down with DS. I know I can agro them with Malo but is there anything else that will really help out with agro generation so my little wizzy doesn't go splat when I pbae the mobs?

I know in the early lvls that lower lvl DS's will work and as the mobs get harder increase the DS level and toss in the short term big DS as it refreshes. Also I am aware of the back slot items that have the DS clicky and I don't have any other at this point and don't plan on attaining them either (no time). The 3rd Spire would boost the DS as well. Are there any other aa's that I should get to help boost the DS on my mage? Mage doesn't have a lot of aa's so I'm still in the infancy stage since I got all pet aa's first and working on DPS now.

Thank you for you all the help (now and on other posts).
iwantedapet
Magician

Re: PLing a wizzy with Mage

Post by iwantedapet »

elemental fire form AA .. iirc will increase your DS dmg ..
don't forget skinspike pots from the baz or a shammy for your lvl will stack with your castable DS ..

sit on mount ..pet on hold .. let mobs beat on you.. let the wizzy get one ae nuke in .. via spell that will not draw mobs . oil of fennin ro or farm the 2 ae dmg click mojo wands from waking lands ... after wiz lands a ae nuke or 2 depending on # of mobs .. pop your mage short term ds to help speed of kills . being on a mount helps to channel this , since you get no push from mobs to interrupt it.
equip a mod rod in primary so you don't dmg mobs and steal xp ...
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

Thanks for the info. I got the wizzy up to lvl 55 in a couple hours. I didn't think casters could riposte and I haven't stolen any kills from my wizzy thus far. I do have to say that sitting on a mount makes a HUGE difference.

Any suggestions on PLing from 55 to 60? I tried to get into Plane of Fire but the wizzy didn't meet the requirements so the lvl was too low. After PoF where should I go?
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

iirc I did Crypt of decay around those levels ... you can corner a pack of mobs in one of the corners in the main room you zone into . but I do recall some of them mobs summoning , so that can be a pain ..though I play on test server , and 1 person flags a whole group not sure what level req. are for CoD . you might can still do Poi and just run the loop around from zone in , again some of those mobs summon to.. not sure what lvl the mage is . but as soon as you can group with him for xp . it gets a whole lot easier.( if wizzy is 55 mage needs to be 82 to group for xp and you can mass slaughter mobs then ,, but mobs need to be green con or better to mage for wizzy to get aa xp )
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

hahaha thanks for the heads up at Decay. I saw this while I was eating at work so I logged in both accounts and gave it a quick shot. 3 levels in one pull there. I did a much smaller pull and got over 30 aa's. Great recommendation!

Any suggestions for after PoF? What lvl do I need to be to get REG exp while grouped (mage is 100)?
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

Just FYI to others that want to PL with their mages. Make sure you have your merc healer up on passive. I went to Plane of Fire and rounded up all of the mobs in the back side of the zone but not in the second castle area. Ran over to the spot where my wizzy was camped (preserving Lesson) and let the ds do it's job. Took merc off of passive, put on reactive, and got my merc to take over agro. Loaded up the DS on merc since it's survivability is FAR better than mine. Load in wizzy and got over 150 aa's in a pull (wizzy outside of the group ae'ing the mobs). There is no way that the wizzy is going to steal agro due to the heal agro is massive.

I hope this gives others some info on how to PL efficiently. My mage has T4 gear and decent aug set but the defense aa's are not in place so my mage is a lot more squishy thank most of you. Your results may vary.
iwantedapet
Magician

Post by iwantedapet »

Felinya wrote:hahaha thanks for the heads up at Decay. I saw this while I was eating at work so I logged in both accounts and gave it a quick shot. 3 levels in one pull there. I did a much smaller pull and got over 30 aa's. Great recommendation!

Any suggestions for after PoF? What lvl do I need to be to get REG exp while grouped (mage is 100)?
70 to group with 100 . . I don't see why you cant knock out lvl 70 in fire since you are already there now. my next place that I may toss out there to try would be katta .. not a very packed place per say . but the elementals are all on a 6 min repop timer.. you can do a few mini pulls and have your first spot repoping . decreasing your downtime waiting on mobs to respawn.. most zones outside of planes you will see increased hps on mobs vs very little DS dmg increase. I would try to get it done in fire if I could.. another thing you can do is camp wiz out . go xp with the mage , have wizzy in a fellowship sharing xp with him . then log wizzy in and he will with the way fellowship xp works now earn better xp per kill .. poping your lesson at same time with the fellowship xp stored on wizzy , you will see a huge increase in xp earned .