What's going on?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: What's going on?

Post by Voragath »

Sillaen wrote:Server performance wise, I'm good with killing swarming in it's current form. I'm sad for rangers as HS was nerfed eons ago and they don't swarm so that's horrible for them.

I'm not down with auto granting AAs though. That's just crap. What they should do is give a set amount of AAs as you level to spend as you see fit, or at the very least give everyone 3-4K AA's to spend as they see fit. If they wont do that, then leave it alone. All this cookie cutter crap has to stop.
The AA issue is an ongoing battle. We've seen lines consolidated, some given out for free, the AA bonus, etc as attempts to fix the problem of new players being behind on necessary AA's. There are many aspects that go into it and trying to be fair to all classes and veterans at the same time is extremely difficult. The devs wrestle with this constantly because they are acutely aware of how certain classes do require certain aa's to function properly. Making a fair system that requires little upkeep and continues, on it's own, is quite tricky.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this system but I can see that it will free up "dev time" by reducing the time they spend trying to figure out how to "help newbies with AA's." Cookie cutter won't stop until Smedley decides to actually invest money into EQ and make a more robust dev team--cookie cutter is a result of how much time can be saved by making one sweeping change as opposed to tailor made changes. That is a reality a game like EQ can certainly do without.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Tornt wrote:This forum seems rather dead! What's going on here?!
Tornt lol heya.

Welp... we're waiting on you and Calebe to get back. And Rillo. And Birdie. And Yitamin. And Cyricus.

:lol:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Baramos wrote:
Tornt wrote:This forum seems rather dead! What's going on here?!
Tornt lol heya.

Welp... we're waiting on you and Calebe to get back. And Rillo. And Birdie. And Yitamin. And Cyricus.

:lol:
And Bigfoot, Nellie, and the missing link :twisted: