Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Re: Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Post by deadman1204 »

If we are supposed to have the versatility in our spell book, just give us better Magic DDs.
Making us buy AAs so that our spells do what they are supposed to is retarded.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

I'm in favor of any AAs that free up a spell gem. Having three mana-returning spells up at all times plus twincast leaves us with only 8 spell gems for all our other stuff.
eqgeek
Trial Member

Post by eqgeek »

I'd love a pet AE taunt AA. Also the ability to see our pets info, something like the Merc tab we have with CoTF. A passive ability that gives our pet a chance to persist through death would be great, but may make us too powerful. The best two benefits I can see is 1) for those who pet tank in groups and end up wiping the whole lot of us on a bad pull. The pet could stay up and tank as long as we don't zone. 2) to retain buffs and make getting set up after a death easier.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

eqgeek wrote:I'd love a pet AE taunt AA. Also the ability to see our pets info, something like the Merc tab we have with CoTF. A passive ability that gives our pet a chance to persist through death would be great, but may make us too powerful. The best two benefits I can see is 1) for those who pet tank in groups and end up wiping the whole lot of us on a bad pull. The pet could stay up and tank as long as we don't zone. 2) to retain buffs and make getting set up after a death easier.
Pet death is always going to be around and I have never met a dev, past or present, that even remotely thought this was an ok idea. Our pets die when we die as a part of "pet maintenance" so I really don't ever see that going away. It's one of the things that gets asked for every year since I've been playing. Pet buffs is another matter but there's an issue with pet ID's, iirc, that makes this almost an impossibility.

The pet info tab is on their long list of things to do and is probably one of the bottom ones :cry: The devs are in favor of this even though it's not as big a priority for them as it is us.

Pet AE taunt is not a bad idea. I still work on this idea with the devs from time to time to get it for us ;)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:If we are supposed to have the versatility in our spell book, just give us better Magic DDs.
Making us buy AAs so that our spells do what they are supposed to is retarded.
I agree there too and the issue is that the devs have a clear idea on how they want certain groups of spells to perform relative to others. It's very hard to take lines that have been around for a long time and get them changed. Mainly, our opinion of how a spell should perform varies grossly from how devs' opinions on how they should perform. Magic DD's have always been more efficient with fire more damaging and, over the years, how much punch the two put out relative to each other has become quite divergent compared to the original game. The biggest change, imo, came when they boosted our damage speed and made spells faster in SoF. Sometimes, getting these spells back to the parity that we think they should have results in a compromise of AA's; sometimes, we get a nice little boost to the spell data. It's a back and forth thing that requires lots of time and data and it's a fight that we'll always be fighting.

Spell issues like that and keeping our pets beefy/powerful takes up the majority of my time as a CRT. As an example, I probably discussed rains (along with many others, not always CRT's) on and off for a year trying to get them into a usable state. The most critical data came from those who had been around since original beta/eq because they could pinpoint how things were versus how they are now. Why the devs made them as they are now and what made them finally decide to look at them is anyone's guess. In time, maybe the same will happen to magic DD's.

Ok, so quite a bit off topic lol
ftalten
Trial Member

Post by ftalten »

Not sure it's possible but:

Passive AA that upon casting your pet it's buffed with the current expansion or current level R1 Burnout. (and/or DS, IE, etc)

Or a "can activate" for the same you can click before you cast your pet (with a timer if they are stingy)

Or An additional AA DS
Stephen51

Post by Stephen51 »

Pet classes - high cost/high level AA that allows the players next item clicky to land on their summoned pet.
Pet classes - Advanced suspended minion - allows a suspended minion to last through death. The player must be in a resting state to use this ability and recall the stored pet.
Pet classes - Swap suspended minion - Allows a player to switch their current pet with their suspended pet. The player must be in a resting state to use this ability.

All classes - remove self buff duration - Allows you to cast self buffs which no longer count down (a bit like our AA invis/IVU) This would exclude certain short duration buffs and discs, and those spells with a limited number of procs.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Mages already need more AAs than almost any other class in the game. Don't ask for AAs to be more expensive.
Devs certainly won't make an AA more powerful cause it costs more.
Danille

Post by Danille »

ftalten wrote:Not sure it's possible but:

Passive AA that upon casting your pet it's buffed with the current expansion or current level R1 Burnout. (and/or DS, IE, etc)

Or a "can activate" for the same you can click before you cast your pet (with a timer if they are stingy)

Or An additional AA DS
two thumbs up!
Ashfire
Trial Member

Post by Ashfire »

Reverse Call of the Hero

- Sends the Mage to the targeted player.

I like the pet velocity idea also. I buff my pet with it as regular as haste.

I'll think of some more. I know that Rcoth is a little far fetched, but its something.

Ash