Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Elidroth wants new AA ideas.

Post by Voragath »

Ashfire wrote:Reverse Call of the Hero

- Sends the Mage to the targeted player.

I like the pet velocity idea also. I buff my pet with it as regular as haste.

I'll think of some more. I know that Rcoth is a little far fetched, but its something.

Ash
Reverse CoTH is never going to happen. Actually, anything CoTH related is never going to happen. What we have is what we'll ever have.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Stephen51 wrote:Pet classes - high cost/high level AA that allows the players next item clicky to land on their summoned pet.
What do you mean? Cast the buff onto the pet?
Stephen51 wrote: Pet classes - Advanced suspended minion - allows a suspended minion to last through death. The player must be in a resting state to use this ability and recall the stored pet.
See my above post. Devs do not want pets to last through death.
Stephen51 wrote: Pet classes - Swap suspended minion - Allows a player to switch their current pet with their suspended pet. The player must be in a resting state to use this ability.
They have not shot this idea down. Unfortunately, current pet code makes this an impossibility. Not likely to happen unless there is a serious reason to tinker with pet code (every pet class player would storm SoE if pets ever became broken, so touching that code isn't likely to happen anytime soon).
Stephen51 wrote:All classes - remove self buff duration - Allows you to cast self buffs which no longer count down (a bit like our AA invis/IVU) This would exclude certain short duration buffs and discs, and those spells with a limited number of procs.
If a buff has a timer, the devs want it there. They intend for buffs to have timers as part of a strategy. They are clearly against letting us have buffs forever. The timers are handled on a case by case basis (which is why we have only a few perfected buffs at all).
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

I still want to see a new AA line to increase pet crit damage similar to how Veteran's Wrath works for PCs. I play a mage to have powerful pets, and this is the one area I'd like to see improvement in our pets. I like seeing big crit numbers, and pets are already lacking in the crit numbers field the way it is not even being a true crit because their crits aren't even "double" damage.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Darkenr wrote:I still want to see a new AA line to increase pet crit damage similar to how Veteran's Wrath works for PCs. I play a mage to have powerful pets, and this is the one area I'd like to see improvement in our pets. I like seeing big crit numbers, and pets are already lacking in the crit numbers field the way it is not even being a true crit because their crits aren't even "double" damage.
Atm Elidroth likes where pets are, for the most part. Our pets current lack of crit damage is a way to keep our pet dps in check. If he made their crits more powerful (depending on how powerful it would get) it would become more difficult to control it. Might see an increase later, but atm he favors procs instead of increases to crit.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Just for smurf and giggles...

AA RS pet
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

For more smufs and giggles.

AA: Terrorize

Ilusion: Killer kung fu Wolf B
Effect: Devastating Critical strikes
Duration: 30 secs
Recourse on fade: 10k/tick for 60 secs
Cast on You: You draw upon the elemental forces to fuel your rage.

I was thinking like this. AA cast on pet (guess it could be self as well, but my pet will look more intimidating than I would). For 30 secs it assumes a nightmarish appearance (just the intimidate factor) and does double critical dmg each hit. Recourse, if target is still alive at end of pet's outburst, pet takes 10K HP/tick dmg for 60 secs as pet gets fatigued and target didn't reach his breaking point.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Potawatomi wrote:Just for smurf and giggles...

AA RS pet
We have actually asked for this a few times. I have spoken to the devs about it on a few occasions as well.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Voragath wrote:

AA RS pet
We have actually asked for this a few times. I have spoken to the devs about it on a few occasions as well.
Be still my heart....

Would love to see this. Balancing would be an issue, which pet to use(seems would have to be the most current iteration) and something else I'm not smart/savvy enough to know about.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Potawatomi wrote:
Voragath wrote:

AA RS pet
Be still my heart....

Would love to see this. Balancing would be an issue, which pet to use(seems would have to be the most current iteration) and something else I'm not smart/savvy enough to know about.
Hate to bust your bubble but they don't want this. They aren't opposed to it as an addition in the future...yet. :lol: Discussing this option is partly responsible for how we found out they don't want to twincast RS even if code allowed it.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I Pm'd Elidroth about a few ideas earlier in the week. One was an extra spell slot. In no uncertain terms he said No to it.