Summoned mobs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Summoned mobs

Post by deadman1204 »

Aside from pets, are there even any in RoF/CoTF?
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Re: Summoned mobs

Post by Potawatomi »

Xorbb in RoF
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

suppose it doesnt matter though since our summoned nuke is.... a little weak
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:suppose it doesnt matter though since our summoned nuke is.... a little weak
It does considerable damage for low mana cost. It also works on summoned and construct which is far more mobs than most people realize.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Neriak Fourth Gate - a fire elemental and Mass of Spite
Grelleth's Palace, Chateau of Filth - a polluted water elemental
Valley of King Xorbb - a streamswell elemental
Chelsith Reborn - a dissipating elemental
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

It would be nice if our summoned spell did more than our spear. Its not really worth using since it does less than our normal damage weave - either with our without rains
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:It would be nice if our summoned spell did more than our spear. Its not really worth using since it does less than our normal damage weave - either with our without rains
Since you ignored my earlier post, I'll put it another way. The devs look at more than just "how much damage" a spell does when they design them. There are more factors to spells than just the total damage value.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

Yes the devs consider the mana ratio. However, players do not use spells like that.
Which is why mages get spells like blast of sand and broiling sand. Spells which have no place in our damage weaves, and are thus literally worthless.

The mana/damage ratio on infernal skin might be nice too. But no one will cast it, because we do less damage by casting an inferior (lower damage) spell compared to others we could be casting.

With ooc regen and mana regen tools, casters have a higher aa/time ratio casting their highest damage spells rather than being conservative. And when it comes to named - everyone goes max damage. There is no reward/reason to use lower damage/better ratio spells.

More exampes are bolt/shock of steel. Sure, there is that one raid mob in the last 2 expansions that is immune to fire. But they are basically a waste of time.

The summoned nuke has an 11% change to proc a 72k dd. So the spell is basically +7900 damage. Except its worse than a 20k dd, since the 7900 is a proc, damage focuses/bonuses don't apply the same to it.
Which puts it worse than our 95 spear (20k) - which isnt even good enough to make our normal weave.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

deadman1204 wrote:Yes the devs consider the mana ratio. However, players do not use spells like that.
Which is why mages get spells like blast of sand and broiling sand. Spells which have no place in our damage weaves, and are thus literally worthless.

The mana/damage ratio on infernal skin might be nice too. But no one will cast it, because we do less damage by casting an inferior (lower damage) spell compared to others we could be casting.

With ooc regen and mana regen tools, casters have a higher aa/time ratio casting their highest damage spells rather than being conservative. And when it comes to named - everyone goes max damage. There is no reward/reason to use lower damage/better ratio spells.

More exampes are bolt/shock of steel. Sure, there is that one raid mob in the last 2 expansions that is immune to fire. But they are basically a waste of time.

The summoned nuke has an 11% change to proc a 72k dd. So the spell is basically +7900 damage. Except its worse than a 20k dd, since the 7900 is a proc, damage focuses/bonuses don't apply the same to it.
Which puts it worse than our 95 spear (20k) - which isnt even good enough to make our normal weave.
It also is faster casting. So you can cast a few more of these faster than Bolt. Also, this has an AA associated with it that boosts our pet's offense and defense. Some people like variety and can find ways to use spells that the mainstream don't. Because YOU find it worthless, does not make it so. There have been plenty of people that have voiced opinion in enjoying this line and finding it useful. I find it useful as well. I use it a lot. You brought up raiding so you are probably not the target audience for this spell. I very rarely use this spell at raids; I haven't really used it at raids since SoF except to play around.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

deadman1204 wrote: Which is why mages get spells like blast of sand and broiling sand. Spells which have no place in our damage weaves, and are thus literally worthless.
So you think our sand's line is useless? I find that kinda funny, but I guess we can agree to disagree.