The nerf thread closed

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
dreneth

Re: The nerf thread closed

Post by dreneth »

Baramos wrote: non-sequitur
Allow me to spell it out for you:

Ranged kiting tactics are viable against non-summoning enemies who are not intended to provide significant challenge. Similarly a no-break mezz would trivialize an encounter by permitting players to beat down a completely helpless mob. (I believe there was a recent nerf to stuns to avoid this behavior)

This is separate from summoning/nomez/nostun enemies who are intended to provide a challenge - surviving their DPS rather than avoiding it.

Labelling pets as 'damage avoidance with a graphic' isn't accurate in this application, unless of course you mean to imply that a pet should trivialize enemies beyond the point that they need heals.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

You certainly sound hostile for someone claiming to merely want to have a discussion.

i) No one mentioned a no-break mez. It was merely off-tanking. That behavior is equivalent except that a pet would need to be healed, so the mez is actually mitigating more damage. I'm sorry you didn't understand that.

ii) The pet is EXACTLY that. Damage avoidance with a graphic. What do you think a SLOW is? It's a spell. There is damage avoidance associated with that spell. The pet is a spell which mitigates damage to a "player" who is "dressed in silk". Arguably for survival this mitigation needs to be enough for the survival of the Mage.

The fact that you cannot grasp the mathematical equivalence of mitigation whether it be "spell" or "armor" or "pet" or "slow" or "snare" is your obvious problem in your inability to understand the error of your analyses, which are really not analyses at all.

And your last post proves a point; you prefer a screed rather than conversation and you won't budge an inch from your error-ridden perspective.

That's not an argument.

It's a religion. You don't want a discussion. You want an audience to fill with propaganda. Converts. Followers. You want a cult.

You are a cult leader. Or you want to be.

Take your clown shoes, your pulpit, and your now not-so-thinly-veiled sarcasm and motives and walk down the road, Krusty.

Seriously. You're a broken record here. You don't really want a discussion because that involves give-and take. No one believes you.

And you will get no converts.

Just let me spell it out for you, instead.

Go away.
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

Warrior starts public thread, showcasing data about pet mitigation. Even titles thread Pet Mitigation.

Thread blows up, lots of threats and accusations and agendas thrown about. Class envy and class jealousy comments abound. Heated arguments and verbal slings from every direction. Thread is closed and opened multiple times. One of end results is more venom and hostility between warriors and magicians.

Magicians begin thread on magician board. Warrior invites himself uninvited and starts to bring back agenda. Magician community becomes defensive and argumentative.

Warrior does not understand why there is so much hostility towards him.

Sometimes when I get into a fight with my fiancee (whether I am right or she is right) the best course of action is to give her space, let her calm down, and then have a discussion when cooler heads prevailed. Right now you two (the warriors in this thread) are provoking an angry fiancee.

Here is the thing. Because of a thread you started in a public venue, my class may be nerfed. Now you may be right, you may be wrong. The bottom line is you started a war, and I might be suffering as a result. I am quite pissed off, as I would imagine a lot of other magicians are too. It doesn't matter if you genuinely want to be sincere and helpful (BTW I do not believe that), you have started something that may end badly for my class. You are currently public enemy #1. And the fact that you are invading magician boards (going into hostile territory as the enemy) and continuing your agenda only makes things worse.

You have done your part. We are doing our part with the EQ devs. It is up to them to decide what changes, if any, are going to take place. For now, if you are seriously and genuinely wanting to help out my class...the best thing you two can do is just stop posting about pet mitigation and leave.

Thank you.
dreneth

Post by dreneth »

Baramos wrote:You certainly sound hostile for someone claiming to merely want to have a discussion.
Where did I come off as hostile? By my class choice? Simply by continuing to post? "Allow me to spell it out for you" <- this was a play on words intended to lighten the mood. Rough crowd! :lol:
Baramos wrote: The fact that you cannot grasp the mathematical equivalence of mitigation whether it be "spell" or "armor" or "pet" or "slow" or "snare" is your obvious problem in your inability to understand the error of your analyses, which are really not analyses at all.
I'll clarify my definitions; Avoidance = No damage being dealt. Mitigation is somewhat muddier, but general idea - some damage exists.
cicely wrote:Warrior does not understand why there is so much hostility towards him.
I understand it, I'm just a little surprised at the degree. The outright lies are uncalled for though.
plopp
Trial Member

Post by plopp »

The appearance of another nerf thread with the same "data"
plopp
Trial Member

Post by plopp »

There is another nerf thread now
Bedavir
Banned

Post by Bedavir »

Baramos wrote:You certainly sound hostile for someone claiming to merely want to have a discussion.
Perhaps this is because he's responding to a resident of this community whose posts have the stank of sandy-vagina sydrome?

He's not the hostile one. Go back and read your first post in this thread brother.
cicely wrote:Magicians begin thread on magician board. Warrior invites himself uninvited and starts to bring back agenda. Magician community becomes defensive and argumentative.
You can't see it now but you missed Falos's post (the one before my first here that he has conveniently edited) which was littered with personal insults and inflammatory jargon. You want to know what prompted me to register here? That post prompted me to register here.

Obvious attempts were made to derail the thread on SoE live to get it locked. Once the dust settled, the brassiness of certain widely-known posters from SoE forums was openly posted here --- and I might add --- those posts as well as those from Baramos are in direct violation of the rules of THIS forum <see the moderator code of conduct>. I won't bother trying to get people to play nice here. If the mage moderators are willing to let a salty discussion like this continue - more power to the discussion. Lets have it out in ways that are disallowed on SoE live.

Censorship sucks y'know?
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

dreneth wrote: I understand it, I'm just a little surprised at the degree. The outright lies are uncalled for though.
dreneth wrote:Ranged kiting tactics are viable against non-summoning enemies who are not intended to provide significant challenge.
Really? Not intended to provide a significant challenge? Did you get that from the Encyclopedia Everquest?

You just made that up out of thin air. Would you call that an outright lie? How would you characterize that? Did the Cult Leader make a mistake?

And that's the problem with your bag of tricks, Krusty. You just pull things out of your magical hat and claim they're true.

And you won't admit a mistake.

It's not a conversation.

It's a religion.

edit: I admit that I made a mistake in spelling
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Bedavir wrote:
the stank of sandy-vagina sydrome?
That pretty much sums up the worth of your comments.

lol

I'd continue but you're too easy a target.

Shoo.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Bedavir and Dren -

I invite you to get the last word.

No one values a thing you say, but feel free to get a last (outright lie) or disgusting simile in the forum.

Seen the commercial with Gary Oldman?

Blah-blah-blah. Blahblahblah.