New BP Ideas

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Re: New BP Ideas

Post by Potawatomi »

Upgraded Thaumatize in clicky form for our robes. It's a nuke and mana return!
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Off the wall idea. Make the BP click give our pets some sort of AE agro spell. I was just reading on the shadowknight boards that they typically tank 2-5 mobs at a time in a group setting and have to use their AE agro spells/AA's to hold and maintain the mobs attention. I could really use something like that on both Blingy and Tweelis. Even something small like a Rune I proc that fires every tick and overwrites other procs would be fine with me (just don't know if others would like that).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Potawatomi wrote:Upgraded Thaumatize in clicky form for our robes. It's a nuke and mana return!
Aristo is heavily against this spell. I don't think he ever intends to upgrade it--it's a mess of a spell created by Raramor and even Raramor got the spell wrong. On top of that, they don't like our BP's lasting so long. Ideally, they'd like them to be replaced by next expansion. This is something that would take a very long time to replace without increasing the ability each expansion (the spell in it's current form is an abysmal nightmare to balance).

A nuke with a mana recourse isn't too bad of an idea; far less messy than Thaumatize.
Potawatomi wrote:Off the wall idea. Make the BP click give our pets some sort of AE agro spell. I was just reading on the shadowknight boards that they typically tank 2-5 mobs at a time in a group setting and have to use their AE agro spells/AA's to hold and maintain the mobs attention. I could really use something like that on both Blingy and Tweelis. Even something small like a Rune I proc that fires every tick and overwrites other procs would be fine with me (just don't know if others would like that).
Are people still interested in this idea with the upcoming pet changes? I'm guessing here most would rather see it as an earth pet ability. Also, what about if you have the fire pet out?

Remember, the BP needs to be an effect that works for everyone and with any pet out. It can be situational but a situation that everyone finds themselves in. They like them to be useful, especially Chandrok who puts a lot of effort into these (whether you believe it or not ;) )

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'll pass these along.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

I spoke with Chandrok earlier today. It seems he is already starting to look at what to do with our robe. Time is very close to being up so if you have any ideas, best shoot them out now. At the very worst, we have more ideas for next expansion.

Don't be shy! :D
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

If we are getting a spell boost clickie, I prefer either it boosting rains or spear. Bolt is rarely used.

I would like a pet mitigation disc on robe, maybe similar to what monks have. With upcoming pet mitigation changes, this would allow us to help with tanking for a short period of time...
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

cicely wrote:If we are getting a spell boost clickie, I prefer either it boosting rains or spear. Bolt is rarely used.

I would like a pet mitigation disc on robe, maybe similar to what monks have. With upcoming pet mitigation changes, this would allow us to help with tanking for a short period of time...
Whatever change that happens to pet, which is likely an AC reduction at least, is going to happen long after our bp's are made.

There isn't really much you can do with rains.

Chandrok is aware of the bolt issue. They aren't boosting spear (they have turned that down many times though maybe they will finally change their minds), and rains are a special kind of thing. What kind of boost to rains? +dmg? making it hit one mob (likely costing code support and not happening anytime soon)? Increasing it's crit dmg (something uncontrolled and not really much benefit)?