New BP Ideas

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

New BP Ideas

Post by Voragath »

I have been asked to look for feedback concerning BP's. Focus effects and clickies are eligible.

These are never considered to be huge power gains and more of a bonus/boost. When suggesting ideas, please keep that in mind. For example, asking for a 20% spear damage focus increase isn't going to happen.

Keep discussion purely constructive and informative. I need to be able to quickly go through the posts when I give the devs suggestions.

We have about a month for ideas.
Aanelyen
Magician

Re: New BP Ideas

Post by Aanelyen »

How about a clicky that dumps all of a pet's agro on the nearest whiny tank...just a thought :D
Aanelyen
Magician

Post by Aanelyen »

Okay, a bit more seriously, although probably not something that will gain any serious attention..how about a clicky that CoTH's the mage to his pet? All normal CoTH restrictions, but only works on mage, obviously does not persist thru death or a logout. Useable every 15 minutes or so.

Or just continue to upgrade the pet buff clickies. With all the other buttons I am constantly clicking, I rarely ever use the BP clicks anyway.
cicely
Magician

Post by cicely »

I don't have an issue with Relentless Servant duration extended as a focus effect. As far as the clickie, I prefer something either an offensive improvement for the pet (similar to Frenzied Burnout) or a defensive stance in wake of the incoming pet defensive changes.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Aanelyen wrote:Okay, a bit more seriously, although probably not something that will gain any serious attention..how about a clicky that CoTH's the mage to his pet? All normal CoTH restrictions, but only works on mage, obviously does not persist thru death or a logout. Useable every 15 minutes or so.

Or just continue to upgrade the pet buff clickies. With all the other buttons I am constantly clicking, I rarely ever use the BP clicks anyway.
Nothing related to CoTH is ever going to show up or change. Period. Ever. CoTH is a huge time expenditure as it is.

What other "pet buff clickies"? I am not sure what you mean here. Do you mean to continue the clicky that's on it or upgrade an older one?

As to dumping aggro to the whiney tank, I am already pushing to have this as an AA with a 10 second reuse timer. Though, it might have to be a random tank otherwise it will be a 3 minute reuse :mrgreen:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

cicely wrote:I don't have an issue with Relentless Servant duration extended as a focus effect. As far as the clickie, I prefer something either an offensive improvement for the pet (similar to Frenzied Burnout) or a defensive stance in wake of the incoming pet defensive changes.
I know what was posted about pets but nothing negative has technically been said or made public. The devs did discover something about pets but any change is going to be a long way off. No way to get a headstart on any negative change. Assuming it's as you say, I highly doubt they'd want to offset the nerf fix.

I'm looking for specific ideas. We have something offensive for the pet as is. What defensive? Higher mit? Higher avoidance? A rune? Boosted hps?
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Anyone have any ideas on defensive buffs? Would the community rather the clicky remain offensive?
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Prefer offensive. We know nothing on the BP will be overwhelming, so if we said defensive we would be underwhelmed by the effect.

I would take a robe with a twincast effect for one spell (or two). Though would be impossible to scale later ( I do not see them continuing to add counters) and the robe would be a lifer item. Though since this expansion is had no level increases thus no new pets or new spells to apply affects to wouldn't hurt to ask.

Trying to think of something new since if they do procs we have conflicts with other things or they always seem to apply mods to some spell that we tend to not always use.

Other thoughts, add another spell hit to of many line (can be a step up or match the last damage portion), additionally set # of pets on mob to 15+ for calculation of the procs, so you get full value. I'd honestly take on that set the pet # to 15+ so I can burn with of many at start and not worry about # of pets on mob. It may be more coding than I think but they code damage mods for specific spells so can't see why they couldn't have that pet check add if the effect was on us.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Agree with Fleiss on the offensive versus defensive nature of the clicky. Anything which will help our DPS please.

Boosting our top DPS spells

or speeding up the recast time while boosting the damage of our AA nuke would be good.

Another option would address our short supply of mana during full out burn mode. (We still have mana regen issues when burning even with both rods, gather capacity, staunch/mana regen aa's, water form, and kiss clicky from LoN) Mages take forever to recover mana compared to necros.

A BP clicky which would either assist us in mana recovery OR decrease our detrimental mana cost for the duration would provide a wonderful boost to our overall full out burn raid dps.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Something tells me code won't allow this to happen but I'd like to toss it out just in case it's feasible.

Click the robe and our next several rain casts will hit the current target (and only that target) with all four waves