New BP Ideas

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Baramos
Conjurer

Re: New BP Ideas

Post by Baramos »

cicely wrote:I don't have an issue with Relentless Servant duration extended as a focus effect. As far as the clickie, I prefer something either an offensive improvement for the pet (similar to Frenzied Burnout) or a defensive stance in wake of the incoming pet defensive changes.
I agree the relentless servant duration is fine.

The clickie should not be just another mini-burnout, in my view. The clickie needs to make me want to use it.

Offensive

- Virulent strike for X strikes, X determined by the DPS gatekeeper
- I like the twincast idea quite a bit too

Defensive

I agree this needs to be in our minds. When the truck slams into us (if there's time to do truck-slamming with all those templates..) we might be crying when we see our pets poof. Again. My paranoia is strong and is related to the Mass Exodus of mages when our pets became so weak they couldn't offtank a single mob. At all. This went on for years.

- Could be as simple as a Fortify Companion effect. That's pretty durable, is fortify companion. Just leave it at that and don't use the word 'mitigation' or there will be another screeching pitchfork attack on the Sony board. :(

Bara
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Some great ideas. Keep them coming!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

We are on short time!!! Get your ideas out this week; otherwise your idea may have to wait for next expansion. Thanks to all those who've so far submitted ideas and I look forward to any others!
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Voragath wrote:
Aanelyen wrote:Okay, a bit more seriously, although probably not something that will gain any serious attention..how about a clicky that CoTH's the mage to his pet? All normal CoTH restrictions, but only works on mage, obviously does not persist thru death or a logout. Useable every 15 minutes or so.

Or just continue to upgrade the pet buff clickies. With all the other buttons I am constantly clicking, I rarely ever use the BP clicks anyway.
Nothing related to CoTH is ever going to show up or change. Period. Ever. CoTH is a huge time expenditure as it is.
Ok, you can thank Aristo for making me eat my words on that one. :evil:
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Danille wrote:Agree with Fleiss on the offensive versus defensive nature of the clicky. Anything which will help our DPS please.

Boosting our top DPS spells

or speeding up the recast time while boosting the damage of our AA nuke would be good.

Another option would address our short supply of mana during full out burn mode. (We still have mana regen issues when burning even with both rods, gather capacity, staunch/mana regen aa's, water form, and kiss clicky from LoN) Mages take forever to recover mana compared to necros.

A BP clicky which would either assist us in mana recovery OR decrease our detrimental mana cost for the duration would provide a wonderful boost to our overall full out burn raid dps.
It occurred to me that this is terribly raid oriented. Groupers have OOC regen and this is of minimal help to them; those that grind for 30-60 minutes, or more, non-stop aren't that plentiful.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

Voragath wrote:
Danille wrote:Agree with Fleiss on the offensive versus defensive nature of the clicky. Anything which will help our DPS please.

or speeding up the recast time while boosting the damage of our AA nuke would be good.

Another option would address our short supply of mana during full out burn mode. (We still have mana regen issues when burning even with both rods, gather capacity, staunch/mana regen aa's, water form, and kiss clicky from LoN) Mages take forever to recover mana compared to necros.

A BP clicky which would either assist us in mana recovery OR decrease our detrimental mana cost for the duration would provide a wonderful boost to our overall full out burn raid dps.
It occurred to me that this is terribly raid oriented. Groupers have OOC regen and this is of minimal help to them; those that grind for 30-60 minutes, or more, non-stop aren't that plentiful.
Im going to disagree. You do not have to use ooc in a group setting. If that is your reasoning than no class should look at way to minimize m cost or m regen because they can always use ooc. Our m regen is still poor overall compared to other int casters. In good groups you do not take ooc breaks. The next mob is there before you have a chance. So definitely group useable. Probably especially for the solo or molo crowd trying to kill as many mobs as possible in 30 mins and not wanting to stop and sit for ooc.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Voragath wrote:

I am not sure that groupers that are relying on OOC regen are really wanting to waste 2-3 minutes of the 30 minute lesson burn time, just to get mana back, therefore, I would say this is useful to raiders as well as groupers.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

dorfillya wrote:
Voragath wrote:

I am not sure that groupers that are relying on OOC regen are really wanting to waste 2-3 minutes of the 30 minute lesson burn time, just to get mana back, therefore, I would say this is useful to raiders as well as groupers.
I was saying it takes over 30 minutes before you really need to rely on OOC regen. We have two mana rods, a harvest ability, thaumatize, mana reserve, and the new water elemental aa. Using forceful rejuvenation to get a second harvest really makes it difficult to go oom quickly. I don't even have to stop for ooc regen when I'm solo'ing during lesson.

Is this a real problem for groupers? I have not heard of it if so and would like to know if it is. I put it on the list I sent anyway, if that's the concern.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I usually have more issues in groups than raids. I would prefer something different than mana return/savings ability but I wouldn't turn it down either. Just get us a second aura slot and forget the whole thing :)
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Fleiss wrote:I usually have more issues in groups than raids. I would prefer something different than mana return/savings ability but I wouldn't turn it down either. Just get us a second aura slot and forget the whole thing :)
Oh man...don't I wish!