Old VZ Mage, looking to get nostalgic

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Sirkenp99
Trial Member

Old VZ Mage, looking to get nostalgic

Post by Sirkenp99 »

Hello everyone, fellow mages and other lurkers a like! except rogues. nobody likes a rogue. Whelp, as some of you might know, im Sirken! played a mage from 99-04 on the vallon zek server, and then again from 07-09 on the eqemulator scene. for the last couple years i've been trying to help other players get back to their roots and scratch that nostalgia itch by letting them know two things; firstly that there is a legit classic server (google project1999), but that there is also a podcast dedicated to folks like us that love EQ and still think its the best game we've played since booting it up 15 years ago.

For anyone that may be interested in Project1999, the servers are alive and well, and currently provide that classic EQ feeling for thousands of people, while seeing over 1k concurrent individual players at peak hours. We are currently in Kunark with Velious on the way (Velious Beta Servers are now open and ready for players).

if you are interested in listening to a few nerds geek out about EQ and the glory days,

u can watch me livestream p99 events/discussions/Q&As here - www.twitch.tv/sirkenp99

or u can visit the youtube afterwards to watch the videos here - www.youtube.com/sirkenp99

but make sure u visit the p99 forums by going here - www.project1999.com

click the links, get immersed, see you in Norrath!

Your pal, Sirken
Mantria

Re: Old VZ Mage, looking to get nostalgic

Post by Mantria »

One of the pit falls of p99 is the fact it only works if you do a fresh install of Titanium load.

I looked around for a copy but no dice can't find one that isn't 100+ dollars
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

The P99 forums have a direct link to where you can download titanium.
Tornt

Post by Tornt »

Guess I'll post here too. I've been playing here on and off since it opened, got my mage to 20 during classic, and have a 33 shaman on the blue server as well.

I started playing the Red PVP server a short time ago and have a 51 Bard there now named Pyrul. If you guys start up there and remember me, feel free to shoot me a tell! I can't really help much considering I'm a Bard, and I'm still new to the server, but I can try to help with any tips or anything else to get you on your feet on this classic server.