I think my DPS is broken...

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Arterian
Magician

I think my DPS is broken...

Post by Arterian »

Hi everyone,

So I dusted off my magician who is currently 93. I can't help but feel I do way less damage than I should be. It takes forever to kill anything in Shard's Landing.

I use Ruinous Servant, Rain of Molten Steel, Fickle Flare and Spear of Magma. I have EM12.

What am I doing wrong? GamParse says I averaged 2300dps with my pet doing about 1100. What should I be at?

Thanks for the help - If you need more information, let me know.
Enkel
Elementalist

Re: I think my DPS is broken...

Post by Enkel »

Well, for one you're in a zone that above your current level, but you should def. be doing more dps than 2300dps. Should probably be a little over 10k dps sustained, if not a little higher. One thing I would want you to check first, before we get into specifics, is to go into your eq options, filters, and check to see if you have something turned off. If you want in depth help you can send me a PM sometime and I can look over logs for you.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I made a mage on Bristlebane so I could play with my wife. Currently at level 93 with a similar weave to yours Art.

If you're looking for a faster kill rate then you'll need to head elsewhere. My DPS at 93 is similar to yours. I average around 2600dps plus my pet is doing around 1200-1300dps if I keep him in backstab position. If you rain+rain+bolt your personal dps will be around 2300dps. Add in +spell damage, +focus, +whatever else adds to your dps and you'll come up with your base sustained dps. Granted when you use firecore/first spire/twincast/etc. these numbers will go up but those will not always be up and going.

Typically I lead off with malo on incoming (wife's pulling on her chanter). Send my pet when the tank engages, ruinous servant 2 then chain Rain of Rhyolite Rk. II and Rain of Daggers Rk. II along with Bolt of Rhyolite Rk. II. Every GoM proc I'll toss another gargoyle unless the mob is nearly dead in which case I'll either spear or surge of shadowflares (on the tank).

A couple things that help a bit. First the armor your pet is getting when summoned is O.K. but not good. If you can afford some inexpensive bazaar gear look for things with a +ATTK rating on it; it'll help your pet out a bit. Keep in mind though that pets will replace gear based on AC. In other words elegant defiant leather does no good for your pet but elegant defiant plate (and in some cases chain) will help with survivability and up your dps.

Go to zones with lower hitpoint mobs. I'd recommend Beza at 93 then switch to Zeka when things start to turn green in Beza. Chain Annihilate the Divergent Rk. II (and ruinous servant 2 when you get a GoM 5 proc) along with Annihilate the Anomalous Rk. II (and rumbling servant when you get a GoM 4 proc) on the robots. Keep fire nukes up for gnomes and minotaurs. Killing the robots (with ~120k HP) in Beza will go a lot faster than killing snakes (with 600k HP) in Shards Landing.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

I hope you're malo'ing... Malo every mob. Also, you're fighting above your level, so you're going to be resisted quite a bit. Also, you'
re fighting above your level, so you're pets attacks will be dodged/defended more.

In short: you're fighting above your level. Fight whites/dark blues, & come back to shards landing at Lvl 96