Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Danille

Re: Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Post by Danille »

Yup! Time for the mages and pet classes to be just as vocal if not more.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ok here are our 2nd round of parses. Pet and Warrior both tanking a yellow con mob in Argin- Hiz for around 13 minutes to prove that warriors can run discs over time and persistently. This is to counter baseless claims of warriors who said that 3-4 minute parses are a warriors sweet spot.

Warrior tanking yellow con in AH for 13 minutes and 13 seconds

EM 20 Earth Pet tanking yellow con in AH for 12 minutes 41 seconds

A correctly played tank will always out tank a pet.

I saw my last post people wanted longer parseing of over 10 minutes. People said 3 and 4 minutes was a " sweet spot for warriors " so here is more than 10min.

If you are out tanked by a pet the problem isn't the pet as I said before. I cant speak for the other 2 tank classes as I only play a warrior. However, a correctly played warrior never has everything on lockout and can spread out disc and ability usage to have continuous survivability.

Brutial
Warrior on Bristlebane

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-3112287
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ok and here is my post, quoting Brutial's parse in the same thread:
Ok so Brutial and I ran back down to test and parsed another two yellow cons in Argin-Hiz.
My pet EM20 had all pet buffs, aa's etc. running all aa's maxed and all spells at rank three.

Brutial played his warrior the same as he usually does over the course of the 13 minutes or parse time, cycling discs, abilities and disciplines throughout the entire 13 minutes.
Some warriors were saying that their class can only cycle their discs abilities, and disciplines for 3-4 minutes and then they would run out. This is untrue as as any talented warriors realize
if you know how to play your class well, and you cycle only those abilities that stack, and they learn not waste or consume aa's, discs, etc. that do not scale over the ability that is already running.

If you look at the chart, you can see improvements in AC that went live on 8/5/14 but you can also see that the pets damage intake (DI) round cap is now coming in at 57K versus prior to the patch being a DI of 40K.
Hopefully this is a bug, or error and the cap can be corrected.

I am very proud our SI warriors have the integrity to be honest and straight forward with the community and the SOE developers when they see something bad happening.
I was chatting with all of them in vent tonight while we were running the parses and they truly are an amazing bunch.

These are the parses that should have been shown, over a year ago to prove that the whole situation was overblown and unnecessary. Instead we had to deal with parses
made by warriors/tanks running no actives against pets which are by nature front-end loaded. What a scam. :(

We still have not gotten a logical and well-organized and easy to understand answer on how the pet classes (as they were before this whole mess started) were hurting the game and other player's experience.

I again insist that this was all backlash over the change on pets showing up in HOTT aggro and tanks egos getting bruised by Fluffy having his name in the HOTT instead of theirs.

We had some warriors a ways back (before our current group) who would constantly complain (PET FADE! GET PET OFF AGGRO! etc., etc., etc.,)
Geeze Louise talk about pet hate it was terrible! Thank Tunare that is a far distant memory! :D

Now we have warriors and tanks who run their discs, abilities and disciplines properly and ALWAYS have their name in the HOTT window.

Trust me...... the mages in our guild constantly try (with zero success) to pull HOTT aggro off our warriors and we can't because our warriors know how to play their class.

My point of view is to revert all changes back to the way pets were before all of this occurred, and to keep the air pet stun cap change to +3 over current level cap. That would still be down two levels after of the House of Thule expansion nerf which brought it down five levels. (it was always +5 over level cap)

Hopefully our developer team will have the time to review everyone's point of view and make a real good decision for what is best for the community, and longevity of the game.
https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-3112300
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Does anyone have a solid parse of RS pet HP before the Argin-Hiz patch?

I went back through my logs to look for fights where I A) Didn't get hit B) Cast 1 RS pet and C) It had greater than 110K HP.

Tanking summary for: Sancus`s pet --- Total damage: 159783 --- Avg hit: 5326 --- Swings: 43 --- Defended: 7 (16.3%) --- Hit: 30 (69.8%) --- Missed: 6 (14%) --- Accuracy: 83.3% --- Dodged: 1 (2.7%) --- Parried: 1 (2.5%) --- Blocked: 3 (7%) --- Riposted: 2 (5.1%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

A vegerog on 6/15/2014

Sancus - 11
--- Force of Elements - 2
--- Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II - 2
--- Rain of Scythes Rk. II - 2
--- Relentless Servant Rk. II - 1
--- Spear of Blistersteel Rk. II - 2
--- Spear of Molten Steel Rk. II - 2

Produced by GamParse v1.0.3

Tanking summary for: Sancus`s pet --- Total damage: 152935 --- Avg hit: 5461 --- Swings: 39 --- Defended: 9 (23.1%) --- Hit: 28 (71.8%) --- Missed: 2 (5.1%) --- Accuracy: 93.3% --- Dodged: 0 (0%) --- Parried: 0 (0%) --- Blocked: 1 (2.6%) --- Riposted: 8 (21.1%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

A vegerog on 6/15/2014

Sancus - 11
--- Malosinete - 1
--- Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II - 2
--- Spear of Molten Steel Rk. II - 1

Tanking summary for: Sancus`s pet --- Total damage: 152646 --- Avg hit: 6360 --- Swings: 28 --- Defended: 4 (14.3%) --- Hit: 24 (85.7%) --- Missed: 0 (0%) --- Accuracy: 100% --- Dodged: 0 (0%) --- Parried: 2 (7.1%) --- Blocked: 0 (0%) --- Riposted: 2 (7.7%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

A failed attempt on 6/15/2014

Sancus - 12
--- Rain of Blistersteel Rk. II - 3
--- Spear of Molten Steel Rk. II - 2

On Live/Test I'm seeing ~110K HP with the same focus. Can anyone else confirm that RS pets previously had higher HP numbers? While I tried to go through a few parses (and made sure I wasn't hit so previous RS pets were definitely not tanking), I don't know the exact circumstances of the parse. Still, I'm not sure what would warrant the rather significant difference in numbers.

Edit: Copied wrong parse; fixed now.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

For a comparison, Here's 3 EM 20 RS pets on test currently (divide total damage by 3 for average HP):

Tanking summary for: Sancus`s pet --- Total damage: 347940 --- Avg hit: 9156 --- Swings: 57 --- Defended: 15 (26.3%) --- Hit: 38 (66.7%) --- Missed: 4 (7%) --- Accuracy: 90.5% --- Dodged: 1 (2.3%) --- Parried: 2 (4%) --- Blocked: 7 (12.3%) --- Riposted: 5 (10.4%) --- Absorbed: 0 (0%)

347940/3=115980

Note that gamparse records damage, not HP. If you had 10 HP and a mob hit you for 10,000 damage in one swing, it would record 10,000 damage, so all of these numbers are slightly higher than the actual HP (but not 40K higher).
Danille

Post by Danille »

We need more mages, posting their feeling AND PARSES on the soe forms please.

Here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... wo.212698/

and here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... st-3112604

Thank you please for helping by voicing your opinions and PARSES.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ok they just patched test again and we are actually turning the tide.

The last two test server patches have increased pets (reg/rs/swarmers) AC and HP. :
We're currently updating the Test server with new pet data. Please check it out and report your findings here.

In brief, here are the changes over the previous permutation on Test:

Just about all pets will have increased HP.
All pets (aside from the suicide-type ones) have increased AC.
Focusable swarm pets gained more AC than most, since they were sitting the lowest.

I'll open this thread for results once the servers are back up.
Please enter into the test server, run your parses and post in the thread below on the SOE forums:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/inde ... -3.212775/
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Please be consistent in the MOBs you choose to parse.

I've been moloing the 2 spiders at the beginning of Argin Hiz with each patch change to determine how they do.

Before today's patch they were getting utterly destroyed by 2 spiders (blue), with the normal buffs, then runes, heals and fortify activated.

Against 1 of these same spiders the pet needed heavy maintenance, but survived. Unacceptable.

At today's patch the pet can easily handle 1 blue spider in much the same way as before but against both of them he still gets ripped to shreds. It is salvageable but it is touch-and-go.

If the devs have decided that the measure of a pet's ability to work in a molo situation is to be able to tank a blue out of the box (albeit with EM20) then they have succeeded.

A key point is to use the same mobs, and then repeat in different zones so we can get a more statistically valid scatter of data (the devs know the mob stats so they can work backwards from the data.)

Work that must be done is gaining performance on our RS pets. Against these spiders, they last about 8 seconds. Again, not good. (Just get a single and chain RS's then average. You'll have to run a bit though, hehe.)

Another thing that needs work is the quality of our runes, which were completely neutered last year, but in today's context need a beefy increase.

Finally, post often. Post often saying the same thing in different ways. Post often and politely. Post clearly with good grammar. Then post again. This propagandizing methodology is part of what started this hoo-hah anyway. (I'm not contradicting you, Voro :D )

After you've done that, post often.

Bara
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Danille -

I hope you and your friend can run more tests on this incarnation of the changes. I also believe it is crucial to show what happens against 2 mobs, as well as 1 mob.

Fighting 2 mobs I was getting enough DI variance that my pet was getting chewed up against two blue con spiders at the entrance of Argin Hiz. (Against one of these same spiders the pet tanked admirably.)

Your data is very valuable. The posturing has begun already, so I would let it simmer awhile before I post so soon it gets drowned in the noise.

Thanks for your fantastic work . (Doesn't surprise me...)

Bara
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

With the number of us who have EM 20 Pet Ears (or around that level focus), I tried these changes out with an EM 15 pet ear that I saved just in case of such an occurence. I posted the parses on the thread.

To be completely honest our single target tanking is in pretty good shape, and certainly manageable. After watching the Earth pet get destroyed with 2 of the Argin Spiders with me spamming runes and heals, I am very concerned that if we don't see a significant bump somewhere, tanking 2 mobs without a raid focus will risky to impossible. These are the weakest trash in current content, and with a merc and me healing the pet still died.

Really what they're proposing would require a complete revamp of all Magician defensive abilities. We need a huge swing towards duration based abilities. Beyond the Anguish Robe and FBO, everything we have is hit # or damage based and now being stripped much too quickly. I think if the goal really is to have us support our pets, we need abilities that don't degrade substantially when adding a second mob.

Plus all RS changes really need to be completely reverted.