Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Danille

Re: Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Post by Danille »

Ok sent PM to Aristo this morning recapping conversation points regarding RS pets ability to off tank mobs; also mages being able to handle two yellow con mobs, and also how hard it must be for group or solo mages with out raid focus to play in their class defining role.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

/sigh

In my opinion these changes are not ready. They've come a long way from where they started, but there are a number of unaddressed issues. There's absolutely no reason this has to go live with this patch.

Maybe they're waiting until TDS to add more pet defensives so they can advertise them as new AAs/spells...
soulhate
Trial Member

Post by soulhate »

They have conveniently broken log in so you cant even complain on forums are cancel your account.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Just logged in and running to test out the new changes. remember to use air pet for tanking now and not earth.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Only played with a new pets for a few minutes in my usual stomping ground. I was not parsing, so these are just general feelings. EM20 earth pet with normal damage weapons was having trouble holding agro over my nukes. 3-4 nukes and I was pulling agro off of earth pet. Then I made EM20 air pet, gave him one agro sword and one damage sword, taunt on. It held agro better (was killing dark blues) but my agro meter still went up much quicker than it used to. EM20 air pet seemed to take visibly more damage than the old earth pet did. I am thinking that the lack of pet agro/increase in mage agro might be a real problem that will limit our DPS.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Why do you say to use Air instead of Earth for tanking, Danille?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Cielli wrote:Why do you say to use Air instead of Earth for tanking, Danille?
In the HoT expansion, air pets were nerfed to only stun up to the level cap. Therefore everyone started using the earth pet as their main pet.

Well as of today's patch, the HoT nerf was reversed. Not to the pre-HoT level of +5 over level cap, but to +3 over current level cap. So that means the air pet will stun up to level 103, where previously it would only stun to level 100.

When the new expansion launches, our level 101 air pet will stun to level 108!

Nice to have huff and puff back as our MT again! :)
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

No, It's not.

The Air pet stun cap raise is a cheap way to placate people to the fact that all of our pets got heavily heavily nerfed. It's the same reason they Raised the pets damage.

The air pet is not supposed to be our main tank. & it is a worse tank today than it was yesterday. No one should be happy about this.

The Earth pet is now a useless blob of hitpoints, with the mitigation ability that my Fire pet had pre-nerf ( no exaggeration )

So forgive me if I don't jump for joy at the air pets stun... It'll need a stun now, since it takes about 30% more dps than it did yesterday.

Edit: I don't mean to be a dick, i appreciate all the parsing and work you did on the forums, I just don't like the air pet, it is flimsy and it's tanking is spiky. The Earth pet was meant to be the Tank of pets, so the idea that it's tanking was nerfed to a place equal to an air pet vs. 99% of mobs makes me sad... & since Air pets are also taking significantly more damage against unstunnable mobs, it's not simply a matter of switching to the air pet & being content.

I would be less upset if they didn't ALSO lower the earth pets DPS... it's not bad enough to nerf it's mitigation into oblivion, but for those who would like to use it, for risky situations where adds are possible and it might be viable, now it also had abysmal dps, while every other pet receieved a raise in its DPS, the earth pet was nerfed, why? It makes 0 sense...
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

Sorry if this has been brought up on here already but you're comparing a pet (EM 20) to a warrior running discs? I didn't see the warriors stats but I can tell you there is a major disparity between raid geared and group geared warriors, especially running discs. Granted EM 20 is raid level too, I think.

Don't shoot me for asking this but I'm just curious how this is a fair comparison. Shouldn't a fair comparison be auto attacking on a pet and the warrior auto attacking the same model mob? Obviously no Fortify Companion on either.

Trust me I don't want the pet nerfed either because it affects my play style drastically.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Felinya wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up on here already but you're comparing a pet (EM 20) to a warrior running discs? I didn't see the warriors stats but I can tell you there is a major disparity between raid geared and group geared warriors, especially running discs. Granted EM 20 is raid level too, I think.

Don't shoot me for asking this but I'm just curious how this is a fair comparison. Shouldn't a fair comparison be auto attacking on a pet and the warrior auto attacking the same model mob? Obviously no Fortify Companion on either.

Trust me I don't want the pet nerfed either because it affects my play style drastically.

Yeah, we rolled back most of the nerfs the developers had planned on test 2 times by doing exactly that.