Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Falore
Magician

Re: Pet Changes (Current and Future)

Post by Falore »

There is zero exaggeration or hyperbole in this post but..

I honest to god am a little concerned for that daegun guy, I almost want to fly out to guam and help him he honestly doesnt seem like a bad guy but i strongly suspect he has a bully at work or something because it is very very very clear that someone beats the living smurf out of him (focusing their attacks on his skull) before he posts on eq live everyday.. no sane self assured confident educated person on the planet would make it their lifes work to target an archetype of players like he has been and try to suck the fun out of the game of those innocent people.

Clearly this guy has something wrong with him. Actions speak louder than words.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I tried two even con trees at the same time in ETWK. After several attempts I'm giving up. Can somebody with more skill at taking on 2 mobs at once test this for me?

Even with FBO, Fortify, burnout2, iceflame 2 and J5 cleric buffs my earth pet was destroyed in about a minute. This is EM15 on the test server.

If my desire to torture myself more returns I'll try and do more testing later but for now the only data I'm getting is how high can my frustration go.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Tweelis wrote:So I tried two even con trees at the same time in ETWK. After several attempts I'm giving up. Can somebody with more skill at taking on 2 mobs at once test this for me?

Even with FBO, Fortify, burnout2, iceflame 2 and J5 cleric buffs my earth pet was destroyed in about a minute. This is EM15 on the test server.

If my desire to torture myself more returns I'll try and do more testing later but for now the only data I'm getting is how high can my frustration go.
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to get any kind of extended parse of those mobs with just one healer merc. It's possible to kill them if you use RS to offtank one of the mobs, but that isn't going to do much good for parsing.

Even using FBO/Fortify would probably screw with the data, even if the pet could live for any decent length of time :?

I'm starting to get a bit... frustrated with some of the posters in that thread, but I believe (hope?) Aristo will look past a lot of the nonsense and see that we're far behind player tanks in multi-mob scenarios. I think the best, and probably easiest, proposed change is to make Prism Skin a defensive proc, along with another slight boost to RS pets. But the whole team is probably dealing with SOE Live atm so we might not see any real developments for a few days.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Sancus wrote: I'm starting to get a bit... frustrated with some of the posters in that thread, but I believe (hope?) Aristo will look past a lot of the nonsense and see that we're far behind player tanks in multi-mob scenarios. I think the best, and probably easiest, proposed change is to make Prism Skin a defensive proc, along with another slight boost to RS pets. But the whole team is probably dealing with SOE Live atm so we might not see any real developments for a few days.
Agree. I'll do my best to discuss with Aristo and the rest of the developers while I am at SOE live.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

I would hesitate suggesting that prism skin fire from a defensive proc. wouldnt that greatly decrease survivability in raids with heavy AEs where the pets are not tanking?
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

sharrien wrote:I would hesitate suggesting that prism skin fire from a defensive proc. wouldnt that greatly decrease survivability in raids with heavy AEs where the pets are not tanking?
Fair point... If only they hadn't nerfed our other runes :? . Maybe double the max hit on Auspice of Shadows?
Danille

Post by Danille »

Had a very nice conversation with Aristo today.

He is going to correct the issue with the RS pets not lasting for their duration on non-raid mobs.
He assures everyone that he is not listening to any one player, but is closely tuning pets to where they want pets to be.
He agrees that pets tanking in the group and solo game is highly important as an alternative to the traditional PC tank game.

I'll be having follow up conversations with him about pet survivability with more than one mob tonite.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Assurances from all that our class role in solo, groups and raids will be fine. Also again that certain vocal "person's opinions against mages are not at all credible and only parses and facts are being considered
micker
Elementalist

Post by micker »

Yea Danille!! Could you imagine what our pets would have been if they listened to that Daegun guy?? Wow, you think that he had money riding on pets being nerfed or something. Could never imagine trying so hard to get a class nerfed, for really no reason.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

That dude could have reversed global warming with all the energy he's devoted to hurting our pets. Frightening. Thank you for speaking with Aristo, Danille!