How do you handle Enchanter haze procs?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
cicely
Magician

How do you handle Enchanter haze procs?

Post by cicely »

For those not aware, enchanters have this thing now where they can proc a very short term buff in our song window that causes the next damage spell we cast to be amplified in damage. If it is a spell like Spear, it can reach well over 800k in damage in a perfect situation. This buff, which is in the song window, only lasts 1-2 ticks at best.

I created an audio trigger for myself to let me know when I receive the haze proc. What I have been noticing is that I get the proc right in mid cast of a spell, and I am not fast enough to duck to cast a Spear instead. So the haze is being applied to Salvo, Rains, or event Remote Servant.

So my question to you all is- what do you do with haze procs? Do you try to micro manage them and duck to use them on Spear? Do you just do your weave and whatever happens happens? Something else?
Fleiss
Conjurer

Re: How do you handle Enchanter haze procs?

Post by Fleiss »

It is difficult to manage. It also lands on next nuke that lands and we use a lot of bolts or rains spells so you may have already cast the spell it will hit and ducking does nothing.

For me it all depends on the chanter. Some are better than others at procing it. If I have a chanter really good at procing it I change my spell sets up completely. Since only first proc of many gets the haze the maximum damage is minimal impact versus spears. Also each wave of a rain could get a haze proc meaning it maximum damage is extremely high If that occurs. For me I only change things if the chanter procs it a lot (I have an audio as well). If it is random I try to do a spear if able but do not change spell sets. With a high procing chanter I lean towards spears and rains at top of my bind. I've seen solid increases over using of many at top. Plus RS can eat the procs as well and their damage is way down in tds raids so I use them sparenly.

So for me it is all about which chanter I get and the estimated rate I will Get hazes.
Felinya
Magician

Post by Felinya »

How is the chanter proccing Haze? I;m curious because I have one but all my toons are 100 since I don't have CotF or TDS. Are either of them a requirement for it? I'm assuming so.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

The "Gift of Hazy Thoughts" AA from TDS (level 105 req) allows detrimental Enchanter spells to proc Chromatic Haze.
Danille

Post by Danille »

What is the emote you use for the trigger Fleiss?
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

The message for "Gift of Chromatic Haze" is "You feel strengthened by a gift of magic." That's for the proc version of Chromatic Haze (from Gift of Hazy Thoughts), whereas the activated version ("Chromatic Haze VI") has the message "You feel strengthened by magic."

The proc from Gift of Hazy Thoughts is much less potent than it used to be, which means planning your rotation around it is not nearly as beneficial as it was. Usually I'll use a Spear to start off a burn (which, at least theoretically, is also when the Enchanter would use activated Haze), but otherwise I generally stick to my rotation.
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

I think mine is "you feel stren"
It covers both instances. If you know you chanter, yep lead with spear. I usually hear that audio and illusion audio, so I know it is the bigger version. all the others are just nice adds here and there and can't be planned upon.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Thanks a bunch!