Elemental form: Fire.

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Cielli
Conjurer

Elemental form: Fire.

Post by Cielli »

So I just leveled my 3rd mage to 101, and I'm leading a group of 3 mages, 2 wiz mercs, 1 healer merc... Living the dream. Now that I've got 3 mages I thought switching to elemental form: fire on all 3 chars might create a real nice proc-fest, switching to fickle instead of bolt for my macros, too. Anyway after a few fights I noticed elemental flames proccing quite a bit on one of my characters, but not much at all on my main... Wondering if there's some stacking conflict, or if my allieviating burst weapon & alleviating burst aug might be taking the first rolls for proc chance? Any ideas?
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Re: Elemental form: Fire.

Post by Potawatomi »

http://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewt ... 5&start=10

Weapon procs take precedent from Pie's writeup.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Actually, in that write-up it was never determined if buff procs go first or if items go first.

I'm still under the impression you can have non-conflicting procs from item AND buff. That is, you can have a mana spell proc and weapon damage proc fire at teh same time. Pie said, in that post, that isn't true but I never saw evidence on that. It was discussed with the CRT's and Devs but I certainly don't remember that now. I really still feel like I was told one item and one spell proc per round though that can be wrong...

It certainly has to be the case since we have so may spell procs and item procs you would almost never see one or the other if only one could ever proc.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

It sounds like your comparing what you "feel" to be true to what people who heavily parse stuff to believe to be true.

Gut feelings are baseless when it comes to stuff like this. That's why we need parsing.
I'd be far more inclined to trust someone who has had in head deep in the numbers (Pie) vs my own thoughts.
Danille

Post by Danille »

I miss pie!