UI question

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
xantin

UI question

Post by xantin »

Hey guys my PC crashed yesterday and I have just got things back working. My question is and I know there is a way I just can't recall how to do it but I am sidetracking myself. How do I stop my number pad enter button from bringing up my chat cusor? I like to use the enter button for targeting. I recall years ago someone helped me edit a UI file maybe to prevent this from happening?
Danille

Re: UI question

Post by Danille »

Once you are logged into the game on your character....In options you can click on the "Keys" tab that allows you to choose commands for each key you press. Just check what that key is currently set to and make it whatever you want.
xantin

Post by xantin »

Yea I know that part but there is actually nothing in the options for chat cursor. There is some place in the ui files that you have to change.. Some old schooler walked me through it years ago I wish I would of written down how we did it. But yea so when I press the enter button on the numperpad it brings up chat cursor. I don't want it to do that. I only want chat cursor to come up when I hit the main enter button on the keyboard if that makes sense.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Ahh I know what you are talking about and there is a way to do that too. Unfortunately can't remember for the life of me though.
Perhaps another community member will post!
xantin

Post by xantin »

FIgured it out!!! In the eqclient file you change the line that reads enumlock=FALSE to TRUE.... So if anyone ever has this issue :D
Danille

Post by Danille »

Cool! Thanks I was driving me crazy too! :)