Pet now gets smoked on Gribble HAs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Enkel
Elementalist

Re: Pet now gets smoked on Gribble HAs

Post by Enkel »

Tweelis wrote:The entire thing on youtube.

https://youtu.be/dM4sNgYUTQI
Are you sure your EM 16 earring is equipped?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Last night I left my earring in the bank and made an earth pet. Basic buffs from merc plus iceflame, burnout, fbo, vt and fortify.....that pet died in about 10 seconds on a double pull. Went back in with a EM16 focused pet with the same buffs and it tanked 2. I was chaining rain, rain, gargoyle and having my pet switch back and forth to maintain good agro on the mobs. It took a minute and change to kill both mobs but my pet survived so I'm going to assume my earring is working. Also I did give my pet the agro swords so my gargoyle never ganked agro.

I have also tried cycling through different spells to help our pet. Clicking host in a shell, shieldstone and aegis helps some but due to the recast time it seems worthless to me for the most part. Since my merc is casting Greater Ward of Vie is shieldstone really worth it or am I missing something?

So last night I went to the test server to try a couple things. According to gamparse here's what my merc cast while keeping my pet alive on the above double pull.

An unearthed monstrosity on 3/30/2016

Furlakin - 17
--- Ardent Light Rk. II - 7.............................at time 7, 11, 16 23, 31, 45, 53
--- Fervid Renewal Rk. II - 2.........................at time 2 and 38
--- Spiritual Remedy Rk. II - 7.,.....................at time 21, 28, 35, 42, 50, 57, 67
--- Word of Greater Reformation Rk. II - 1........at time 62.

Produced by GamParse v1.5.1.7

Something else that crossed my mind was while in Degmar the other night I needed to kill the ambusher. I killed one yellow con easily. Then I had to kill two even con dwarfs. On the double pull I put fortify, shieldstone and fbo then wind of malo on the dwarfs. It was a bit dicey as I had to use mend on my pet but eventually we won. The yellow con ambusher was pretty easy.

Somewhat jumping to conclusions here but it feels like single pulls are a cakewalk but for some reason my pet gets destroyed when it has to deal with two mobs. Even on Brother Island doing the cover of night is simple and straightforward as long as I get singles. If a pull goes weird and I get a double it typically means chaining gargoyles and burning discs to keep my earth pet alive. A triple pull (such as the final fight before the chest) and I might as well gate and try again.
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Most activated pet defenses, as well as the prism skin proc, either have a damage cap or a max hit number. This means they don't scale at all with multiple mobs (as opposed to something like warrior defensive, which mitigates a % from all the mobs), which is why pets have so much more trouble with multiples (on top of having no AE taunt) relative to regular tanks.

That doesn't mean your pet should be dying to three mobs in a gribble, though (Though, on the other hand, I have never survived a pull nearing 8 mobs...).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I searched for fraps, found the website and downloaded it. The suspicious person in me ran a virus scan and WHOA did malwarebytes AND security essentials go bonkers over the .zip file.

Any other suggestions? The video I took was with a 20megapixel camera running at 60i resolution. I did have to compress it for tinypict but not youtube.

If not video is there some other information I could look for and collect that would help? Maybe show a comparative parse between gribble's and TDS mobs or even smallish swarms from Shards Landing? In much lower level zones my pet can handle large (20+) numbers (like when pl'ing alts in zeka) even without a merc,
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Tweelis wrote:So I searched for fraps, found the website and downloaded it. The suspicious person in me ran a virus scan and WHOA did malwarebytes AND security essentials go bonkers over the .zip file.

Any other suggestions? The video I took was with a 20megapixel camera running at 60i resolution. I did have to compress it for tinypict but not youtube.

If not video is there some other information I could look for and collect that would help? Maybe show a comparative parse between gribble's and TDS mobs or even smallish swarms from Shards Landing? In much lower level zones my pet can handle large (20+) numbers (like when pl'ing alts in zeka) even without a merc,
OBS is what I use.

Edit: Open Broadcasting Software.
Vithar
Trial Member

Post by Vithar »

I find i get smoked more often than my pet does lol....
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I have OBS but am still tweeking it. Both video's are completely black. One of these days I'll post what I'm dealing with. Just now I did into the hills and tried three dark blue rats on one fully buffed and decked out earth pet. It was going ok until fortify dropped then my merc simply couldn't keep up.
Enkel
Elementalist

Post by Enkel »

Tweelis wrote:So I have OBS but am still tweeking it. Both video's are completely black. One of these days I'll post what I'm dealing with. Just now I did into the hills and tried three dark blue rats on one fully buffed and decked out earth pet. It was going ok until fortify dropped then my merc simply couldn't keep up.
Not sure if you got it set up, but I have it set to always record EQ, so even if I tab, w/e, it stays on EQ. Just make sure EQ is selected under sources and it should start recording for you.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Since my hard drive is nearly full (I'm taking a class and have many files) I can't record full time. One of these days I'll be building a new system with a SSD for work and somewhere around 5+ TB's for drawings and stuff but until then I'll have to turn it off and on as the situation warrants.

Anyway I found the FAQ page for OBS. Apparently laptops with NVidia cards sometimes have issues; mine is one of the configurations with issues. I just need to redo a few things in the control panel in order to make things work properly.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Fortify went out at 1:23, pet dies soon after and I click my relocation device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Cu_eeTFm8