Pets taking more damage since stat patch

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Pets taking more damage since stat patch

Post by Goranothos »

I noticed this when I did a Gribble yesterday (me and shammy box, pet tanking). Both 101 air and 104 earth (EM23) are taking more damage, especially on two pulls. It's a struggle for the healer merc to keep them healed on two pulls. Damage was very spikey. Guys in the serverwide mage channel think it might be the summoned cloak got nerfed.

I started a thread on the EQ forums:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... ch.232772/
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Re: Pets taking more damage since stat patch

Post by Goranothos »

And, unfortunately, due to a couple of idiots, the thread turned into a "mages should be nerfed" argument. Well, hopefully the devs are now aware that the patch somehow reduced pets' ability to tank.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I'll log on this weekend hopefully and check things out as well. Also is Heatherpurrs missing the plastic thingy that holds her six pack together?
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Looks like actual parses have been done. Yea, shielding went from 44% to 35%. On an unrelated note, do dev's know about the anger and snare proc weapons that people give pets? If so is it safe to assume they're ok with them or are those weapons simple on the back burner to fixing? If not did we just get two more weapons nerfed? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... on.232480/
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I just tried the same scouting ahead I've been doing for a quick lesson burn run. My pet went down like a lady of the night in Southern California when it tried tanking three dark blue con's. Either I suck or the dev's have neutered my pet. Either way it's getting time to find something to do with my free time. Paying money and spending time to get frustrated doesn't add up.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

The pet tanking nerf is real. Sancus and others have done some testing. The change seems to affect all pet classes, Mages, Necromancers, and Beastlords. Devs have been "meh" about it on the EQ forums.