Pet Weapon Procs

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Candaan

Pet Weapon Procs

Post by Candaan »

I've read on different posts, that you don't benefit from using 2 items with the same proc, very much. There is a limit to the number of procs you can get per minute.

How is it with pet weapons? Does a pet tank gain from having 2 agro weapons or would it be better to use 1 agro weapon and 1 damaging procing weapon?

I've noticed lately, my pet is having a harder time holding agro. On W&D raid, where we use 2 similar buffed, EM, equipped earth pets to tank Wither, except one pet has taunt turned off, even after a minute the taunt off pet occasionally steals agro. Any idea why a taunt off pet should steal agro, and what I can do to improve pet tanking agro?
Candaan

Re: Pet Weapon Procs

Post by Candaan »

One thing we've noticed, is it seems like Dichotomic reduces agro when it wears off. Anyone else have experience with Dichotomic reducing agro when it wears off?

I stopped using Dichotomic, and my pet hasn't lost agro during last couple raids.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

That is an interesting thought. Dicho is only one tick right, maybe it just bursts high enough to take aggro briefly?
Candaan

Post by Candaan »

We are looking at it more that the tanking pet loses agro, when the dichto fades, like when it fades it reduces agro.

One of the other mages was looking at logs and said something about something going off when it fades, but he couldn't tell what it was.