Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Re: Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Post by Jaytee »

I just logged in last night for the first time in ages again. Silea was very kind to help me out - I couldn't even remember how to make buttons. The default UI on the massive screens of today is terrible. Anyone suggest a good UI skin?
Candaan

Post by Candaan »

You might consider starting a toon on the new Agnaar progression server.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/ind ... ve.241133/

It just started, and only the initial eq expansion is currently available. Every 12 weeks, another expansion unlocks. This goes up thru POP.
Mantria

Post by Mantria »

Jaytee wrote: Thu May 25, 2017 12:49 pm I just logged in last night for the first time in ages again. Silea was very kind to help me out - I couldn't even remember how to make buttons. The default UI on the massive screens of today is terrible. Anyone suggest a good UI skin?
I am using VERTUI from eqinterface. Not sure the guy's name but has been keeping it up to date.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Up to 96 and bought a full set of Tier 1 RoF group gear from baz. Its crazy how much stats have inflated. 800/800 stuff is newbie stuff now. Spells cost thousands of mana to cast. I looked at my magelo from last time I logged into EQ in 2009 and I've gone over 3x the mana I had then in just about a week. It's pretty casual friendly now too. Get some HA's and the things just roll in the XP.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

99 now and almost to 100. There is some sick XP spots nowdays. Not so great for the Solo mage but with a group I dinged 3 times in 6 hours (97, 98, 99) in Lab off Frontier Mountains.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I've been 105 a couple months now. It's really a lot of fun now days. I really feel a lot more powerful than in the old days. Last night did my first raid where we had 3 mages and firebound was going off - 2.2 million proc off that is just super awesome. I hope everyone else is enjoying their mages.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Up to 120 these days and just completed the ToL group content. That was a lot of fun and currently I am working to get my boxed SHM access to the OMM Rez Stick.

It is nuts how much stats have inflated in 23 years since I started lol.