Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Re: Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Post by Jaytee »

Nope I was asking something rediculous...like 1 or 2 million plat =D
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Jaytee wrote:Nope I was asking something rediculous...like 1 or 2 million plat =D
hehe, 1 or 2 million plat when you left was a silly amount of plat for anybody to have. These days if somebody brags about having that much nobody will notice.

Oh, and welcome back. This game is very casual friendly with plenty to do if you only want to play a bit here and there. Heck, some of us are only half way through the current expansion (Seeds of Destruction) and have taken a year to get there.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Veeshan was merged with Luclin
Thank you!
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Welcome back Jaytee.

Some of us from the old school/boards/days are still here and kicking. The game for mages are probably better than it has ever been, regardless of being hard core or casual. I haven't changed my playing style since I started 10 years ago though my time has decreased some. I still raid 2 -3 times a week for a few hours and slack off or play alts when I get too bored on non-raid days.
I'm married now too, but wife and I have been together for almost 10 years. She's not a gamer but understands that I am. Luckily for me I found a guild where most of the days I raid, she's off belly dancing (men are not allowed) so it works out perfectly. We just got back from vacation, so I'm not sure what has transpired in EQ over the last 10 or so days but it can't be that much.

As far as gameplay, mercs have done more for mages than any other class. You can hire a merc and go out soloing for most things you need, though grabbing a group of friends is always more fun. My cleric has kinda fell by the wayside now that mercs are in the game. Top group gear will net off at about 70% of end game raid gear and that's more than enough to do just about anything in EQ.

Anyway, EQ is still just as much fun as it was 10 years ago and again, welcome back. :)
Mindrix
Conjurer

Post by Mindrix »

Welcome back Jaytee. Good to see you around. :)

Game is a lot more casual friendly. Especially as a Mage. Get a Merc, keep some plat on you (doesn't weigh anything now) and you'll be good to go. Lots of places to solo for good exp and pet focuses a bit easier to come by as well. Lots of stuff to catch up on, too, so you'll have plenty to do.
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

WB Mr. Bushwacker!
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Been a bit of a whirlwind at the moment - I finished the Element of Chaos and Order last night in 20 minutes :shock: now I just need a globe and 2.0 is done.

AA's have been so easy - the merc makes our class so much more self sufficient. That and the out of combat mana regen is fantastic and should have been added years ago. I was soloing Plane of Water last night for xp with the merc and it was stupid easy. I remember those crabs being much more difficult.

The merc beats boxing a cleric by a mile - although at the moment I'm still getting back into the swing of things and figuring out the hotbars etc. Wasn't there a way to save spellsets to mem? Cant figure out how to do it yet.
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

If you right click on the book on your spellbar it should give you the option to save your spell set. You can also right click on one of your gems to find all your spells sorted by type (although some of the categories aren't completely intuitive) and mem a single spell without looking in your spellbook. These are both very handy. I don't think I've opened my spellbook in years except to mem new spells.
Sirulus Delon

Post by Sirulus Delon »

Hey JT, how ya been? I have not read the thread but I figured I'd pipe in and say hi :D. I have very much been a lurker lately because I only raid nowadays (Sunday/Monday) until the new expansion comes along.

-§ir
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Doing well - dinged 76 and now 50% through. Gotten a lot of AA too. Up to like 630 now - I was at 580ish when I came back a week ago. I'll chat with you in game =)