Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Re: Crusty Mage contemplating resurrection

Post by Jaytee »

I meant I picked up the Crown from within an MM...stats:

MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE INFUSIBLE
Slot: HEAD
Charges: Unlimited
Purity: 50
AC: 81
STR: +10+1 DEX: +36+1 STA: +23+3 CHA: +11+2 WIS: +31+3 INT: +23+3 AGI: +27+2 HP: +605 MANA: +600 ENDUR: +600
SV FIRE: +24 SV DISEASE: +22 SV COLD: +32 SV MAGIC: +24 SV POISON: +18
Combat Effects: +5 Shielding: +1% Spell Shield: +1% Avoidance: +6 Accuracy: +2 Stun Resist: +1% Strikethrough: +2% DoT Shielding: +1% Attack: +24 HP Regen +1 Mana Regeneration: +2 Damage Shield: +2 Clairvoyance: +11 Spell Damage: +5 Heal Amount: +2
Recommended level of 85. Required level of 80.
Effect: Aura of Pure Arcanum (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 2.0) as Level 85
Effect: Faerune (Worn, Casting Time: Instant)
Focus: Detonation of Scale IV
Focus: Brass Resonance 19
WT: 2.2 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7 (General: Group)
Slot 2, Type 13 (Energeiac: Group)
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Glad to see things working out for you and you getting back in the groove of things. As someone that took two breaks from the game back in the day of about 9 months and 12 months, I know how overwhelming things can be when you come back, and that isn't nearly the timeframe you're dealing with here having been gone.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Thanks Falino. You, orchox and several other folks have made it much easier with all your help. I picked up another 32ish AA yesterday between MM's and a great group at 4-way in Old Dranik. I also cleared through VP for the first time and fought Druushk. Once I wasn't ready and died, the second time I had it down to 11% and accedentally clicked the zone out. Then about 3 hours later a GM came on and asked me about the petition I sent in regarding the doors inside VP being locked. I got though them by camp sploiting but they are supposed to be unlocked. Anyway the GM left me at the door and I tried a 3rd time and the stupid cleric merc ran OOM to fast. So I said heck with it and fired up Duregarr and bought him a Tier V tank merc. Popped that sucker with no problem however, it did require a campout!

Druushk apparently stays wherever you were last fighting it - so he happened to be right next to the door and when I opened it he and his guardians came out. well between the pet and the tank merc dure and I both got camped out in his room while the fight was out in the hall. Logged back in and medded to full and made quick work of him making sure not to click out of the zone ><. Will post a screenie soon.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

Void C! I made it in Saturday and also picked up some new gear (FBSS and Staff of Writhing from Classic MM) and a new Pet Focus - Red Dragon Tooth (EM 2) in addition to about 70 AA over the weekend. Tier 3 merc is pretty sweet!
Falino-Luclin
Elementalist

Post by Falino-Luclin »

Very nice, you'll be working on Innate Wisdom in no time :lol:
Ghem and Boo
Elementalist

Post by Ghem and Boo »

See if you can get in a BB raid some time. They are super easy and you get EM4 if you complete it.

I came back in march at level 76 and ground out to 85 in short order. Have fallen out again as i am super tired of solo and i can't seem to find any groups at 85. Sounds like you have much better playtimes then me so i wish you the best of luck. Luclin has GREAT people on it so i hope you enjoy yourself there.

Ghem 85 mage Disciples of the Rising Fire.
Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up my orb from Anguish last night on a pickup Anguish run! Epic 2.0 complete! I was super surprized to see the 10 AA they give for finishing it too.

BB mean a Blackburrow raid? What raid is there on that?
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Jaytee wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up my orb from Anguish last night on a pickup Anguish run! Epic 2.0 complete! I was super surprized to see the 10 AA they give for finishing it too.

BB mean a Blackburrow raid? What raid is there on that?
Gratz on the 2.0

Yes, Blackburrow. But it's the SoD version, Old Blackburrow. The raid is call Stop the Ascension. This is the one where you kill Rottrued the Twisted. If successful, check Bert in the Void for an EM4 type 3 aug.
I can't for the life of me remember if you only need this one or both this one and Queen though.
sharrien
Elementalist

Post by sharrien »

Congratz for your epic!

Yes, there is a raid on Blackburrow in SoD. You can actually get access to the EM4 aug by winning that raid or the Queen Malarian raid. I like the QM hit better personally, she's weak to fire spells :), plus a win also gets you Jolt rank 3. BB gets you Promised Rejuvenation rank 3, which is nice too.
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan
Celestial Navigators - Maelin Starpyre
Xalmat

Post by Xalmat »

Even an old foggie like me remembers Jaytee. :P