RL seeks help for his mages

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
hogsfan73

RL seeks help for his mages

Post by hogsfan73 »

Hoping you can all help. I am a RL who has mages that cannot for the life of them make parse. Some fall below our warriors :( Could you all get together a few lists of the spell run through on a raid burn. Your cycle of spells etc so that i can pass onto them a baseline to follow and see if it helps. Thanks a ton!
Daiou
Conjurer

Re: RL seeks help for his mages

Post by Daiou »

Zacatac wrote up a very good guide here

http://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's in the library, search is your friend. :D
hogsfan73

Post by hogsfan73 »

TYTY for the link! Sorry trolling lots of boards and i find search engines lacking on most, figured id find some nice well informed mage to help ;) ty again hopefully this will help them.
Vermi

Post by Vermi »

Do not forget to tell them where you found that and encourage them to join up here. There's a wealth of information to be obtained from this community.
demar

Post by demar »

I just restarted raiding about 6 weeks ago and it took me a while to be able to increase my DPS to be "raidworthy".

1) Make sure and use jolt as one of your spells
2) Use the weave. Learn it and love it. I have two weaves. One with Jolt/bolt/fickle, and the other with RS/Jolt/Bolt/Fickle
3) Max pet offensive AAs
4) Max Frenzied Burnout, and extended burnout
5) Use RS pet as often as situation allows. For short battles, just use a weave to throw RS out as often as possible. use Forceful Rejuv if possible. For longer battles, use RS when GoM procs.
6) Setup a burn key with /alt act with your focus, fire, spire and other AAs.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Here are my last 2 parses (group geared + some SoF-T3 raid gear).

Rottrued the Twisted [regular mode] in 169s, 13149k @77804dps --- Zacatac + pets 1106k @6745dps (4th on the parse)
Rottrued the Twisted [hard mode] in 231s, 14533k @62915dps --- Zacatac + pets 1358k @6145dps (2nd on the parse)
Redius
Conjurer

Post by Redius »

One other article I would *strongly* suggest your mages read is Wire's post on multibinding. Simply multibinding to create the weave will kick their DPS up significantly (because I can't believe a non /afk mage getting beaten by warriors unless they're not multibinding and weaving).
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Make sure you allow them to use their pets too. It's bizarre but some guilds still hate pets and think they smurf* up every event that goes south--my guild being one :x . From MMM through Brekt, the ONLY raid I found where pets were bad is the last phase of Bahgresh in Kith; any pets up become perma-charmed and when Bahgresh dies, the pet poofs. Mages will have to really struggle to get on the parse without a pet as sometimes the pet, depending on a few factors, can make up around 50% of their DPS. Not saying you do this, but if you are, that could be a huge part of the problem.

If you are letting them use pets, follow above advice and make sure they have the highest pet focus available. We can weave in 3 spells now and that along with a water pet with max pet aa's can be rather potent. When my guild has 3 mages going, there is almost always a gargoyle (RS pet) up and the periods without one are just a few seconds. If you see only 2 or 3 gargs in your event, then they need to start using it EVERY gom proc (except in twincast mode). Yeah, they need to LIVE on this board lol Point them here, give them the advice you see, and you should see marked improvement in short order.

Good luck!

*wow, didn't know the website had a bad word filter lol
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

Voragath wrote: Mages will have to really struggle to get on the parse without a pet
Yes, and to give an example, here are the parses from above broken out.

Rottrued the Twisted [regular mode] in 169s, 13149k @77804dps --- Zacatac + pets 1106k @6745dps (4th on the parse)
Zacatac 605k @4004dps
Gobekn (Zacatac) 313k @1907dps
Zacatac`s pet 189k @1389dps

Rottrued the Twisted [hard mode] in 231s, 14533k @62915dps --- Zacatac + pets 1358k @6145dps (2nd on the parse)
Zacatac 626k @2873dps
Gobekn (Zacatac) 392k @2074dps
Zacatac`s pet 340k @1876dps
Msha
Magician

Post by Msha »

Even in a twincast you should cast RS on a GoM proc, a double nuke at BEST circumstances is 60k a RS, especially if one mage have Rathe's Strrngth up is 60-80k.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server