Politics

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
wire
Elementalist

Politics

Post by wire »

*If* this board takes off, I'd like to request the option to ignore the Politics section during a "New Posts" search.

AFAIK there's no compatible script to selectively filter forums, but it would be possible to setup default user groups, and then possibly move people that request it into a different user group that has that section blocked.

It's nothing personal, just that the off-topic material is not what draws me here, and it can get somewhat annoying when you're trying to catch up on posts.

Thanks.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Re: Politics

Post by Firen Fury »

if you open the politics forum, and go to the very bottom of the page, theres a box to 'subscribe to this forum'. its default is checked.

correct me if im wrong, but if you uncheck it, it shoudlnt show you that theres new threads in it, right?

worth a try at least
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
wire
Elementalist

Post by wire »

Firen Fury wrote:if you open the politics forum, and go to the very bottom of the page, theres a box to 'subscribe to this forum'. its default is checked.

correct me if im wrong, but if you uncheck it, it shoudlnt show you that theres new threads in it, right?

worth a try at least
Pretty sure that just emails you when someone posts in the forum, since it's off by default.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

its on by default for me and i get no emails from this board
Image . Image . Image
Brimztone

Post by Brimztone »

No, it is just the little graphic that is showing the check box. If you click it, the link turns into "Unsubscribe from this forum" and the picture becomes and X in the box.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

oh well, sorry, i tried! :)
Image . Image . Image