Beta Forum?

Anything EQ related that doesn't fall into another category goes here.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Beta Forum?

Post by Firen Fury »

i dont know if this is a good idea or not... and it sounds like a lot of work for the poor mods... so if its dumb, just ignore me... but...

maybe a mod could take tells from the beta server (when it goes up) and give those people access to a beta forum to discuss things there?

i dont want to mess with the NDA, and i dont wanna overwork the mods here, so im not sure this is a great idea... but, it sure would be nice to see what other mages have to say about the beta. i'll be busy dealing with cleric stuff when im there with the guild.
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Celi

Re: Beta Forum?

Post by Celi »

I think that goes against the agreement you have to agree to when you join beta, assuming its not changed. From experience the discussion on the beta forums has always been very good and well discussed. There is normally at least a few magician threads there, discussing pets, aa's, spell, and normally the mage post count is very high. At least on the offical beta forums we know the devs often read and respond to the posts. On that note has anyone told the current eq devs about the new site???
EQ Mage Tower

Post by EQ Mage Tower »

I would rather not attempt to do that. First and foremost, I don't know if I'll be in the Beta or not. Second, even if I am, I doubt most people that do get into beta will feel comfortable discussing NDA stuff on anything except the official Beta forums. Third, whether we like it or not, the devs will see more posts on the official forums than these.
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

ok

wasnt sure if it was a good idea or not, and i agree with your reasons above

was just a thought :)
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Camikazi

Post by Camikazi »

Beta forums are done on many class forums, it allows the class to discuss something with other classes interfering and then posting on official forums, pretty much bypassing the other classes trying to derail threads as much.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Since it is against the NDA to tell anyone that you are in beta, how do you propose that a non-soe board is set up?
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Danille wrote:Since it is against the NDA to tell anyone that you are in beta, how do you propose that a non-soe board is set up?
I was in the SoF beta and it wasn't against the NDA to simply tell someone you're in the beta, but it is against the NDA to give ANY kind of details beyond that point about the beta. The only way it may be feasible to create a beta forum is if "EQ Mage Tower" gets into the beta. Than he can create a forum and ONLY allow access to those that send him a PM, and post on the official beta forums to prove that the person is in the beta. That's the way a lot of other fan forums handled beta forums on their site.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Darkenr wrote:
Danille wrote:Since it is against the NDA to tell anyone that you are in beta, how do you propose that a non-soe board is set up?
I was in the SoF beta and it wasn't against the NDA to simply tell someone you're in the beta, but it is against the NDA to give ANY kind of details beyond that point about the beta. The only way it may be feasible to create a beta forum is if "EQ Mage Tower" gets into the beta. Than he can create a forum and ONLY allow access to those that send him a PM, and post on the official beta forums to prove that the person is in the beta. That's the way a lot of other fan forums handled beta forums on their site.
If EQMageTower was to post a forum for Underfoot Beta, he would be in direct violation of beta NDA. Beta discussions on SoE website, in the official beta section, are the only forums that are not in violation of the NDA.

I would love to post the entire NDA for you to read, but that would be in violation of the NDA. You can be sure though that if EQMageTower does get into Beta, he/she will be able to read the NDA and know the rules.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Danille wrote:
Darkenr wrote:
If EQMageTower was to post a forum for Underfoot Beta, he would be in direct violation of beta NDA. Beta discussions on SoE website, in the official beta section, are the only forums that are not in violation of the NDA.

I would love to post the entire NDA for you to read, but that would be in violation of the NDA. You can be sure though that if EQMageTower does get into Beta, he/she will be able to read the NDA and know the rules.
Well, regardless even tho it may be against the NDA to create other forums based around talking about the beta (I don't remember that part), it still doesn't change the fact that it wasn't against the NDA to say that you're in the beta (just cannot say or do anything more in public channels/forums). That's still more my point heh.
Danille

Post by Danille »

I can assure you with 100% certaintly that it is against the NDA to reveal that you are in beta.