Spell Procs:

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Re: Spell Procs:

Post by Piemastaj »

That proc is from the 2hander from Rubak raid.

Guilds vary, my guild is a pretty DPS heavy guild so milege will vary on what will benefit you the most really. I prefer doing more DMG, but that is because fights don't last as long for my guild. The easiest way to guage it is to try using the non-mana proc for an entire weeks raids, and see how it pans out.

2hander from shield has a better block mod with Staff Block being a better mod then Shield block. The only thing your losing is the shield AC and the softcap AC on say if you put an aug in your shield like most people do.

I am pretty sure my assumption will be right with the primary/secondary being the first check on aug procs. Which will kind of be bad because they stopped adding Range to the newer augments like they had in UF. But, Shawl and my weapon proc will be alot better then the augment I currently have.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

come to any conclusions about this, pie? 4/7 tradeskills at 300, but i'm still a long way from a shawl ...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Don't really know what your looking for given what you posted.

Shawl is simply the best proc for us. It trumps any type of proc we can get currently. I don't think I posted anything going against the shawl, if I did it was a mistake. I also do not have nearly enough fights to gauge anything currently.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

Piemastaj wrote:Aum, I am actually going to be moving my proc aug from my primary to my range to see if prim/secondary have special properties.
not tryin to say anything negative about the shawl. wondering if weapon procs take precedence over shawl procs.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Piemastaj wrote:Don't really know what your looking for given what you posted.

Shawl is simply the best proc for us. It trumps any type of proc we can get currently. I don't think I posted anything going against the shawl, if I did it was a mistake. I also do not have nearly enough fights to gauge anything currently.
Bolded. I don't have enough information to see if moving a proc aug to range will make the shawl and or my weapon proc more often then before. It takes numerous fights and such to distinguish that, I had over 1400 fights the last time.

Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

First off, my initial data I think was flawed. I was using 'struck by venom' to see the amount of Venom procs from my aug. Since I switched that aug out, I am still seeing struck by Venom in my log rips. which means someone in my guild is using something with Venom in it also and it screwed with my data.

I have new data since switching the augs out. The new aug I have, I see no other procs of it before I personally put it in my range, so this data should be pretty solid.

510 fights:
Disease- 1273
Brell's- 896
Poison- 1062

It appears our weapon has a better proc rate or it is looked at first when choosing to proc spells.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

319 fights and 1920 casts:

409 Disease procs (Primary proc).
1046 Venom procs (Primary AUG proc).
315 Brell's procs (Waist Slot).

It would appear the augment in your primary is checked first, then the weapon proc, then anything remaining. So it would appear the best DPs setup would be having an aug in your range slot to maximize the procs with your primary. Which for VoA is going to result in the most DPS if your using the T3 2hander.

It would go: Primary, Range, Shawl.