Spell Procs:

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Spell Procs:

Post by Piemastaj »

In 1459 fights I got these numbers from my spell procs:

Brell's Sacred Chromatic Strike- 2621.
Sympathetic Strike of Venom V- 6766.
Sympathetic Strike of Disease X- 3773.

It would appear the augment gets first priority over anything else by the numbers. That augment is in my primary, so I am unsure if that is the case because it is there, but the numbers are odd because Disease and Venom should have the same proc mod.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: Spell Procs:

Post by Voragath »

Is there a hierarchy for proc checks? I don't remember well but I vaguely recall a page on thesteelwarrior that did some analysis of how weapon procs work. I don't think spell procs were factored in for that one, though.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

I don't remember how it works, but I'm sure there is a heirarchy for proc checks.
Didn't mages test this back at in the 70s when the iceflame guard line started? Each swing can only have 1 proc, and for each swing,the system goes down the line testing each proc until one happens, or it runs out of procs to test.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Pretty sure Vora meant like certain procs take precedent over others. I was under the assumption that my shawl shuld proc the most. It would appear spell proc augs are checked first tho.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Well, I actually meant both. Some procs take precedence and it goes down the line. So, it would check the first type of proc to go off, if not, it moves to next. When it comes to weapons, it's something like primary, if not then check another proc in primary, if not check secondary, etc. until you get a proc or run out of checks.

Not sure if spells proc over items or concurrently or if weapons take precedence over other slots. But you can only have one damage proc at a time but I thought you could have a dmg and a mana proc at the same time.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You can only have 1 spell proc per cast period. It doesn't matter what type of proc.

Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

So now I'm wondering if we have the shawl would it proc more, and be more beneficial, if we dropped the primary aug?
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I am not sure, but, it may be possible that the shawl procced its' maximum amount of times in that parse.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Aum, I am actually going to be moving my proc aug from my primary to my range to see if prim/secondary have special properties.

Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Post by Aumeldarie »

Ok cool let me know which you think is better. I'll do that with mine too but I'm not very good at figuring out how procs work or even what stacks. I was also wondering if the Disease proc is from the RT 1hb and if so do you prefer that proc over a mana return proc on your weapon even on the long fights? I just got the RT weapon so I wasn't sure if I would be hurting myself on the long fights by using it. Thanks!