Recommended Aug Sets

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
yaladilae
Magician

Re: Recommended Aug Sets

Post by yaladilae »

is sympathetic calming strike worth using, or always use alleviating burst for solo and strike of XXXXX for group / raid?

(assuming your mana pool don't keep up too well like mine)
Fleiss
Conjurer

Post by Fleiss »

On the spec augs, they are a fixed % amount. Take off your m pres item and you will see same amount of mana each time saved. So that 50% crap that someone posted is BS. So as spell cost more mana they will only have more value. Everquest will cease to exist before there are mana augs better than they are.

Where the numbers change is it stacks in some way with your m pres item (which is RNG). I don't know where my parse numbers are and they would be somewhat out of date because I did it a few years ago. I tested no foci or spec aug. Than foci only. Than spec aug only. Than both m pres foci and aug. If I remember right stacked was getting 1 to 2.5% more mana saved over just spec aug alone. The 1% being secondary spec and 2.5% being primary. Eventually with the cap on augs that gap will narrow some. In any case they are the best mana augs in the game.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

The specialty augs that matter to a mage should only be either conjuration or evocation. I remember the old analysis saying something to the effect of: the augment in your primary specialization was equivalent to a mana augment that would be 7.5% of you total mana. The augment that matches you secondary specialization gave a smaller number, I am wanting to say it was 3% (?). Which means if you have 70K mana, it would take a 5250 mana augment to justify removing the augment of you primary specialization, and you would need a 2100 mana augment to remove the augment for your secondary specialization. Since there are no augmetns anywhere close to that amount, those 2 augments are the most important augmetns in the game, at least for mages.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

WHat are the requirements for requesting the Raid for the Evoc/specilization mod augs? I looked at the raid, but theres little information on the progression required for that era/exp on allah, or at least, im having trouble finding it... I really want these augs, help!
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

You just need 6 bodies to request it and you can solo both easily. If you're lucky you'll get both the first try but to increase your odds make sure you follow the instructions to get all the possible chest spawns. You may have to go through them a few times each. I know I went through them 12 times total before I got both of mine.
Aanelyen
Magician

Post by Aanelyen »

Got two of the Evocation augs to drop the one time I did that raid. Think the other went to an enchanter that was along for the 6 body count.
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Eggggcellent, ty so much