Leveling Guide

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Leveling Guide

Post by Potawatomi »

This gets asked for more often then not. So I'm looking to put together a complete leveling and AA guide for where to go etc. So if you can and would like to contribute to this I would and I'm sure future Mages would appreciate your effort. I will go back and edit this post as more additions are necessary.

Leveling Guide

Level 1-60
Hero's Journey

Level 61-70
Droga
Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B)
Crypt of Decay
The Hole
DSH Farm

Level 71-80
Plane of Fire
Infected Paw
Katta Castrum

Level 81-90
Beza/Zeka

Level 91-100
Valley of Lunanyn
The Grounds
Beza/Zeka
Resplendent Temple

AA Guide
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Re: Leveling Guide

Post by Tweelis »

I enjoyed Droga in the early 60's and Halls of Betrayal (Chardok B) after that.
Cimpek
Trial Member

Post by Cimpek »

I just started a brand new Mage and while new to the class I can list what I have done so far.

1-11 Turorial
11-20 Crescent Reach
20-41 Blightfire Moors
41-46/47 Jaggedpine Forest
47-50 Burning Woods
50-51 Plane of Disease
51-60 Grieg's End
60+ I plan to stay in Grieg's End until mid to late 60s as the kills are fast, the loot good (I make 1-2k an hour) and the mobs post gate are level 58 so they wont go light blue until 64.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Griegs is an awesome place. Once the mobs go green for you head to the hole. That place should hold you until 71 or 72 IIRC. The gem drops are great. While the mobs have more HP than the ones in Grieg's the xp/kill also goes way up.
Cimpek
Trial Member

Post by Cimpek »

I stayed in Grieg's End until 68/69 but you can stay until 71 past gate if you just want to mass kill light blues.

68-73 Wall of Slaughter is awesome. Hot zone and the daily. At 71 I made 3% a kill regular of Murkgliders and 20% for the daily. No merc was needed for heals.

I got in a Grounds group from 73 until 83 on Saturday.

Sunday I did a mix of stuff until I hit 84:
DSH 3 daily tasks and mass kills of Minotaur's, Wind Nymphs and Beetles.
Loping Plains crocodiles - Dark blue and very easy. Need to watch out for roaming bears and frogs if not using merc. The go light blue once you hit 84.
Cimpek
Trial Member

Post by Cimpek »

Anyone tried soloing Dead Hills HA lately? I read on the hunting forums that a Mage can solo it but I just did not find that possible. Every time I tried I would get the first 2 pulls solo then the third pull would always be 4 mobs and pet died within seconds. Is there some way as a Mage to split mobs I just dont understand?
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

Which HA are you soloing? What's your gear like?

The Cooper HAs are a bit rough, but the other ones should be doable. You can use Companion of Necessity or either of your fades to split. They definitely won't be up every pull, but they should be available for the trickier ones. Worst comes to worst, activate some defenses and burn the mobs down :mrgreen: .

If tanking is an issue, make sure you block Promised Heals and HoTs on your pet. Without more specifics, it's tough to give a more in depth answer.
Cimpek
Trial Member

Post by Cimpek »

The Heroic I attempted to solo was the first one from Gribble - Into the Hills. I am currently level 95 and have EM8 as my pet focus and most of my gear is level 95. The first 2 pulls come as single and my pet easily tanks them. On pull 3 I have never been able to get less then 4. I am not familiar with Companion of Necessity or Fades so I will look into those. Are there easier HAs to solo?
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

With companion of necessity it will blur up to two mobs if i remember. Basically just target a mob that is in the group of 4, two should attack the CoN pet, two should follow you.