Spells 1-65

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Re: The Short Version: Mage Spells

Post by Merlaina »

Bah, they could make it researchable. Just make the components the 4 staffs, a crown of elemental mastery, and a pegasus feather cloak. How much would it suck to fail THAT combine? :lol:
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

Merlaina wrote:Bah, they could make it researchable. Just make the components the 4 staffs, a crown of elemental mastery, and a pegasus feather cloak. How much would it suck to fail THAT combine? :lol:
a level 46 spell would have a very low trivial ;)

And almost any level 85 toon can do that easily solo in a few hours. Although you'd need a sacrifice toon for the DT'ers ;)

With a tracker you can get the pegasus cloak in an hour max. Water and earth staffs area hella easy nowadays. How do you get the fire staff? Heh never bothered with that. The thing is pretty much useless :p
Yitamin

Post by Yitamin »

The fire stick is also from hate, on the same mob that drops the earth stick, Magi P`Tasa. It is also a rare drop from forsaken revenants I think, as is the earth stick.
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Interestingly, these days one of your hardest drops will be the SolA drop.

Bara
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Baramos wrote:Interestingly, these days one of your hardest drops will be the SolA drop.

Bara
Why would that be? I haven't been to Sol A in ages. Did they revamp it while I was away and I missed the memo? I don't recall it being particularly hard, just a lot of camping and killing until I got the drop. Took an hour when I did it maybe.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Merlaina wrote: Took an hour when I did it maybe.
I hate you! I read the witching hour while waiting for that dam thing to drop.....and I'm a slow reader. The only worse camp for my 1.0 was Quill.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Tweelis wrote:
I hate you! I read the witching hour while waiting for that dam thing to drop.....and I'm a slow reader. The only worse camp for my 1.0 was Quill.
Yeah, that part took me days to get, but that was a long time ago. Back when I did my epic 1.0, it took me over a year working on that sucker like every day.

Luckily for me, I had accidentally gotten a Quill cloak one day running through SK on my druid, so I just MQ'd it to my mage. :mrgreen:
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sillaen wrote:
Tweelis wrote:
Yeah, that part took me days to get, but that was a long time ago. Back when I did my epic 1.0, it took me over a year working on that sucker like every day.

Luckily for me, I had accidentally gotten a Quill cloak one day running through SK on my druid, so I just MQ'd it to my mage. :mrgreen:
Ah, well then I definitely made up for that drop with Quillmane. 6 Months. 6 months I camped that smurf pegasus. I even had my wife camping it while I was in class! On the bright side, that's how I sucked her in and now have a chanter to pal around with. :)
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Merlaina wrote: On the bright side, that's how I sucked her in and now have a chanter to pal around with. :)
Good for you. Even after 10+ years, I still can't suck my wife into playing EQ. She's so defiant. :mrgreen:
Baramos
Conjurer

Post by Baramos »

Merlaina wrote:
Baramos wrote:Interestingly, these days one of your hardest drops will be the SolA drop.

Bara
Why would that be? I haven't been to Sol A in ages. Did they revamp it while I was away and I missed the memo? I don't recall it being particularly hard, just a lot of camping and killing until I got the drop. Took an hour when I did it maybe.
You are correct. It is not hard. (Only revamp is the Gobbie models afaik).

It is exceedingly rare, though. For many of us, anyway. The boards were once !!! over this drop. Alla might still have some bleeding visible.

The horror. The horror.

I camped it 9 times for my various Mages. The shortest stint was 2 days, the longest 6. And when I camp, I camp for hours and hours.

I did know of people who walked in and walked out, of course.

Usually some Necro would joke about it before destroying it. In return I would throw a Burrowing Scarab on a mez'd MOB and get him blamed for breaking mez. Before mez break messages of course.

Bara