What pets come with on summoning

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Re: What pets come with on summoning

Post by Sillaen »

My guess would be nothing, like they used to. You gotta fully equip those bad boys.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The focuses below Ritual Summoning probably don't even focus a 81-85 pet...
pandax
Arch Magus

Post by pandax »

I was under the impression that they came with plate.... I seam to want to say that this change happened during OoW or there abouts.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

pandax wrote:I was under the impression that they came with plate.... I seam to want to say that this change happened during OoW or there abouts.
Only if they are focused.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Focused TSS pets come with phantom plate. Focused SoF pets come fully loaded with everything from that respective expansion, maybe even if not focused. The SoD pets came with everything even if not focused, I thought, and that the focus for them only changed the cloak and their base stats as posted elsewhere on these boards.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Okay, I know TSS and SoF each had a patch in them during their expansion about what pets came with when summoned. I asked Aristo in beta if he'd put something similar in for HoT's release notes and he agreed. I reminded him on Thursday, the 7th. Hopefully, they make it in and we can put this to rest. If it goes into Tuesday's notes, it'll be easy to direct people where to go when proving that we know pets are coming with pre-summoned gear: "look at the HoT release notes."

He did not respond to my PM so I'm not 100% positive those are going in but he agreed and I reminded him per the agreement. But you know how busy and forgetful the devs are at this stage in a release.
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

So, just for clarity....the only thing we need to give our 86+ mage pets is weapons, correct?
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

right
Optamos

Post by Optamos »

I believe the Ldon foci that works on pets 61+ provides those pets with armor, but you will still need to summon muzzle, belt, and weapons for the pet.
This is probably the case for pets 61-80 but I'm uncertain about the 71-80 pets (only level 70 myself).
If you do not have a foci then you will also need to summon armor for them as well. I know I haven't summoned armor for my pets since I got the ldon focus (and was so thankful for that change).
Optamos Magaeus (72)
Sage of Cazic Thule
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Can someone please put the request in to have a pet inventory window. Also yes, please make it possible to maintain pet state after dying... this includes inventory/weapons, pet hold etc. I guess losing buffs is ok since that's part of the game :) One way to do this would be a pet resurrection AA