What pets come with on summoning

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: What pets come with on summoning

Post by svenalo »

These were all requested in SoD...in UF...in HoT...
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I don't mind pet losing gear after death, especially since they already come with summoned armor and you get at least 3 sets of usable weapons per summon. I really would like it to remember you pet toggle states though.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

well people like you would be free to not use the pet resurrect aa, if you didn't want to :)
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

I just think some type of pet rez AA would be overpowering if it allowed your pet to keep its armor. We get enough complaints as it is about our pets tanking better than tank classes (admittedly they're usually looking at raid focused pets vs group geared players, but still the complaints are out there and plentiful). Being able to essentially permanently gear a pet with real armor would just be too much, especially since pets aren't subject to things like AC soft caps. You could throw a full set of thulian linked armor on a pet (which also note is not attunable or no trade, so it wouldn't go poof on zoning like defiant does) and give your pet an extra 754 AC and 8743 HP (admittedly less than that since I'm not considering the difference in the armor the pet comes with, but you're still easily looking at 600 AC and 8K HP).

600 AC is HUGE, never mind the 8K HP or the shielding added. That's like giving the pet an extra 4-5 tiers of focus minimum. To allow a pet to keep that through death would be far too much, and what's worse would be another factor the devs would have to consider in balancing pets. The base pet would be balanced down because we would be expected to gear our pet in crazy armor. No thanks.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Thulian stuff is all no trade...Terror Infused is mostly (battleskirt the exception) what is not flagged attunable or no trade and the latest gear set I think you are referring to. But other than that you make an excellent point on pet rez and why we probably would never see it... That said and to clarify, the idea for a pet rez was not what I was referring to as something asked for repeatedly...what we have asked for repeatedly is a "pet inspect" and a "default pet state" command/aa/whatever (by state I mean the ghold/focus/etc stuff and not what gear it had). We've also asked for a pet swap aa (swap current pet to suspended and make the suspended one current) and some kind of command to tell the pet to take XYZ armor/weapon and use specifically that instead of what the coding decides it should be based on AC or whatever.
Merlaina
Arch Convoker

Post by Merlaina »

Sorry, you're right. I was looking at the wrong armor set. The terror infused is what I was thinking of (which there's not even a full set of). And right, I'm with you on the other stuff. I just wanted to clarify that pet armor persisting through pet death is a bad idea (don't get me wrong, if we could get it I'd love it, but I wouldn't want future pets balanced around it).
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

So I use to get my pet defiant armor (plate or chain depending on availability). However lately that hasn't been the case due to many reasons. Anyway, I thought a compiled list of what our HoT pets get when they are summoned versus what defiant gear looks like might be nice to have. Since we can't see all the stuff they get I'll just use stats from stuff we can see:

Out of the Box pet:
Helm: AC35, HP65
Arms: AC40, HP55
Hands: AC35, HP70
Feet: AC40, HP60
Chest: AC70, HP90, avoidance 10
Legs: AC50, HP85, shielding 3%
Belt: AC35, STR: +50 DEX: +50 STA: +50 AGI: +50 HP: +1600 Shielding: +4% Spell Shield: +4%
Neck: AC13, STR: +20 DEX: +20 CHA: +20 WIS: +20 INT: +20 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240
Shoulders: AC15, STR: +20 STA: +20 CHA: +20 AGI: +20 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240 Attack: +16
Wrist: AC15, DEX: +20 STA: +20 CHA: +20 WIS: +20 INT: +20 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240
Earring: AC13, STR: +20 DEX: +20 STA: +20 AGI: +20 HP: +240 MANA: +240 ENDUR: +240
Face: AC5, STR: +10 HP: +50 Accuracy: +25 Attack: +35 HP Regen +1 Mana Regeneration: +1 Haste: +23%
Total Stats: AC365, HP 3035, Avoidance 10, shielding 7%

Elegant Defiant Breastplate: AC98, HP396, Shielding 2%, Avoid 2
Elegant Defiant Plate Boots: AC51, HP250, Avoid 3
Elegant Defiant Plate Wrists: AC47, HP184
Elegant Defiant Plate Hands: AC49, HP238, Avoid 1
Elegant Defiant Plate Legs: AC74, HP 360, Shield 2%, Avoid 2
Elegant Defiant Plate Helm: AC56, HP 271, Shield 1%
Elegant Defiant Plate Arms: AC57, HP 219, Shield 1%, Avoid 1
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Tweelis, you forgot to include the jewelry. They come with that too. I'm not sure if it was ever definitive if they came with the plate wrist or the jewelry wrist. I don't think the focii works on the jewelry for them so they probably come with the plate wrist.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

The jewelry is up there, I just forgot to differentiate it from the regular armor. I wasn't sure which one the dev's put on the pets so I just guessed and put the piece with the focus on; it could really go either way like you said though.

Anyway, if somebody fully decks thier pet out in a set of Elegant Defiant Plate armor here's how the stats change:

Stats boosts
Helm: 21AC, 206HP, Shielding 1%
Arms: 17AC, 164HP, Shielding 1%, Avoidance 1
Hands: 14AC, 168HP, Avoidance 1
Feet: 11AC, 190HP, Avoidance 3
Chest: 28AC, 306HP, Shielding 2%, Avoidance -8
Legs: 24AC, 275HP, Shielding -1%, Avoidance 2

And yes, the avoidance is better on the summoned armor breastplate than on elegant defiant plate. Also, the shielding is better on the summoned plate legs than it is on the elegant defiant plate legs. I don't know if this is intentional or not bu something seems weird. Total though if somebody did a full "upgrade" the pet would gain: 115AC, 1309HP, 3 shielding, -1 Avoidance. Just knowing the little bit about shielding/avoidance/AC/HP and that kind of stuff I'm very leary about replacing the summoned breastplate with the elegant defiant breastplate. Giving up 8 avoidance is a lot to sacrifice.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

It was posted that it is the plate wrist.

May the elements guide and protect you.