Pet Focuses and how they affect our pets.

Help rebuild the Library of Knowledge for Magicians.
corporatemagician
Trial Member

Re: Pet Focuses and how they affect our pets.

Post by corporatemagician »

Nice one. Pet focuses on many activities & they affect other pets by their activities.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Pet Focuses and how they affect our pets.

Post by Darkenr »

One minor update made to this topic. I added the higher end pet cloak that was provided to us by Elizabeta. Just cropped the pic and resized for this post.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Re: Done - Pet Focuses and how they affect our pets.

Post by Darkenr »

Darkenr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:51 pm I made this in response to another mage's question about the pet focus on my guild's forums, and decided I would throw the same post up in the library section for people new to the magician class, or just didn't know as much about the internal mechanics of how pet focuses work post SoF. I didn't find anything that went this in depth on the pet focus, so I apologize if this is already up somewhere on the forums. The information in this topic are all based around the SoF era pets or later.

The pet focus will change nearly all things about your pet, including hps, AC, level, damage (both melee and spell), and depending on the level of a pet focus will determine the strength of a special cloak that will get presummoned on your pet that was introduced in SoF. This cloak will only come presummoned on the level 76+ pets and only if you actually have a pet focus that can affect the pet (and yes it also gets pre summoned on necro, and bst pets as well). Lower tier pet focuses will summon a lower tier cloak like in the example picture below, but if you get a raid level pet focus that cloak will have near, or fully capped out mod2s.

One thing to note is currently the nuke the fire pet casts is only affected by the pet's level. So if you upgrade the pet focus that will bring the pet from level 81 to level 82, you will see a minor upgrade. It's really insignificant upgrade though. You may only be getting a 50-100point upgrade at max (I believe it's less than that). The fire pet still gains every other stat though from pet focuses explained in the previous paragraph.

Ex of a group level pet focus cloak that is auto equipped on summon:
Ex of a maxed level pet focus cloak. Thanks to Elizabeta for providing a screenshot of a newer focus cloak than the one I originally had for this topic.

In the picture at the bottom of the topic is the pet stats of all of the 81-85 mage pets, and their stats depending on the pet focus.

I currently only have the EMIV pet focus so I will use that as my benchmark.

If you notice, the difference between an unfocussed air pet to even an EMIV focussed air pet is like night and day in the difference in power. The EMIV air pet has 4k more hps than the unfocussed version, and nearly double the AC. Also, the EMIV focus is at the moment considered a raid focus, so the cloak that's presummoned on it has near capped mod2s from my own testing (30+% shielding, spell shielding, near 100 avoidance, etc). So you would be going from 0 mod2s to nearly full which as anyone knows, mod2s make a very significant difference in overall player power.

A couple notes to interpret the stats of the pets in the charts below:

The AC looks low, but that's only because the AC is pure AC without any kind of soft caps on AC.

To determine how hard a pet will hit for unbuffed (without aura, BO modifiers, or other increase damage modifier buffs) you take the Base damage x2, plus the min damage.

Ex.
Unfocussed Air pet: 112 x 2 + 102 = 326
EMIV Focussed Air pet: 136 x 2 + 127 = 399

Unfocussed RS pet: 292 x 2 + 292 = 876
EMIV Focussed RS pet: 360 x 2 + 361 = 1081

I noticed my old guild's website was taken down so the chart to show the actual pet values is showing as a broken Image link, but unfortunately I can no longer edit my original post for some reason. So here's a backup copy of that chart I had on hand.

Jaytee
Conjurer

Post by Jaytee »

I'd like to see a current one - any idea how you can get that cloak? The charm and kill method still work these days?
Sancus
Conjurer

Post by Sancus »

I don't know of a consistent way to get your pet to go rogue (though there may be one), but you can look at the stats on Allakhazam. Here's the highest level cloak currently available: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item ... tem=128342
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Hey guys,

Samanna being offline, where can I find a stats table with pet hit points for lower level pets (Luclin to TSS) as I am on a progression server. I realize I have no clue of my current pets hit points - I could parse but it would be easier if that info is still somewhere ?

/wave from Ragefire
Danille

Post by Danille »

With the mage pet nerfs due to the progression servers the old info is probably not all that accurate anyway. Just duel with a friend and when they nuke or hit your pet, look at the damage number, and then look at the % health of pet after it is hit. Then multiply out the difference and you will have an extremely accurate estimate of your pet's total hit points. Should take 2 minutes to come up with an answer.
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

Thanks Danille, I think it might be more precise to do a full parse with an unbuffed pet when dueling, but anyway your answer implies there are no tables either here on magetower for earlier pets.

The pet nerf is supposed to be lifted at LDoN era (what they called the 'pet power curve'), what permanent nerf are you referring to beside the aggro transfer which does not affect pet stats per se ?
Adonhiram
Conjurer

Post by Adonhiram »

So, I did my homework, here the first results for PoP pets, but I lack infos for LDoN buyable focus and for Vex Thal gloves which I stupidly destroyed after getting upgrade (will need to buy a reclamation token to complete the data). Also, Ragefire isn't yet in GoD so I lack data for Minion of Discord focus.
PoPpets1.PNG
PoPpets2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Holy crap! What an update! Thanks so much. :mrgreen: