Forum slowdowns

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Jedis
Administrator

Forum slowdowns

Post by Jedis »

This has seemed to be an ongoing thing for the past 3+ months. It comes and goes and doesn't seem to be predictable. I've gone ahead and optimized the forum database to see if that makes a difference and have a ticket in with the host to see if they can do anything about it.

Please reply if you notice (or don't notice) a change with the speed in which the forums seem to serve its pages.

Thanks!
Danille

Re: Forum slowdowns

Post by Danille »

today it was horrible but tonight its much better
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

Still pretty horrible for me atm. Minute+ to load each page. And it ain't my connection :P

edit: It's particularly bad when making posts. I can't remember the last time I made a post and it carried through to the successful post screen. I just have to X out and hope the post went through. Very lame :(
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Malleria wrote:Still pretty horrible for me atm. Minute+ to load each page. And it ain't my connection :P

edit: It's particularly bad when making posts. I can't remember the last time I made a post and it carried through to the successful post screen. I just have to X out and hope the post went through. Very lame :(
Ugh. Yeah, I removed the redirects when logging in/posting, so you don't have to wait twice as long. But even waiting once is too long as is.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

I called the host again and, thankfully, didn't have to wait more than 3 minutes.

The person looked up the account and, apparently, whomever setup the hosting for us the first time only allocated 12MB of RAM. He was surprised to hear that we could even run phpBB3 with such a low amount. ;)

He increased the RAM allocation to 1GB and increased the cache size as well. I was told this process may take several hours to be noticeable, but by tomorrow the site should be running a lot smoother. I'm not totally convinced, but hope to be pleasantly surprised!
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

LOL
Daiou
Conjurer

Post by Daiou »

Oh wow, the difference is night and day. I'm zipping through the threads like its nobody's business!

Great job on the new upgraded site Jedis.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Runs rather slow in the wee hours (it's 2:12am est now)...that could be due to site maintenance or something like that though.
Failcon
Conjurer

Post by Failcon »

Running smooth for me. Actually running faster right now with me on a crappy non 3G phone connection. A huge improvement.

May the elements guide and protect you.
Danille

Post by Danille »

wow this website is super speedy now