Topics to be discussed at Fan Faire

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Danille

Topics to be discussed at Fan Faire

Post by Danille »

Considering that those attending Fan Faire 2011 may have the opportunity to assist the mage community by delivering well thought out messages justifying changes and modifications... please post here.

No ranting, personal opinions of developers, etc. allowed in this thread please ... just logical facts and details related to the mage class for discussion/delivery to the developers.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: Topics to be discussed at Fan Faire

Post by svenalo »

One non-mage one: Event exit inconsistency on the SS raids - some zone you out of the instance, some don't, some plop you safe, some don't, etc. It oughta be consistent to the instance tower level outside the door you entered the event at.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Please spew your hate of the developers in another thread. Specifically when you were told not to do it here. Edited.
Last edited by Danille on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

lol /fail
Last edited by Malleria on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

I'd say I'd love an honest answer why they felt nerfing our sustained (our only area we had any chance in hell of doing well) in the name of giving us more "burst" DPS when that increase is almost worthless.

Silly me, I said honest didn't I, how about "less than the normal SoE spin".

Savil
Danille

Post by Danille »

Savil wrote:I'd say I'd love an honest answer why they felt nerfing our sustained (our only area we had any chance in hell of doing well) in the name of giving us more "burst" DPS when that increase is almost worthless.

Savil
Feel free to post here the proof and justification why the change is actually a nerf of our sustained dps. Good stuff to have in one place.
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Danille wrote:
Savil wrote:I'd say I'd love an honest answer why they felt nerfing our sustained (our only area we had any chance in hell of doing well) in the name of giving us more "burst" DPS when that increase is almost worthless.

Savil
Feel free to post here the proof and justification why the change is actually a nerf of our sustained dps. Good stuff to have in one place.
The fact that its a nerf to our sustained should be very very clear, I mean duh the spear costs more mana... Parses didn't really change. Many mages have stated this fact fairly bluntly.

Savil

Why bother to post proof when your going to just edit my post if you dislike it? Feel free to issue me all the "warnings" you want dani, if you think I give a single smurf what you think about that your sadly mistaken. You can pretty much take that warning it put it ... well, you get the idea.
Last edited by Savil on Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

What we need is a clear and concise answer to where the dev's see mages in relation to other classes as far as DPS goes - where they believe we should rank. Even top third, middle third, bottom third would be enough to give us a good indication of what they think our DPS should be (as opposed to what we think).

And I agree with Savil - other threads already have the info on what the supposed boost did to our DPS, boost, sustained, and otherwise. Putting it in this thread just puts it in yet another place.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

If you can't figure out we got hurt in sustained, you obviously don't play EQ enough. Any type of mana increase, will hurt our sustained that is common sense. As for the FC change, it was a smaller upgrade then I would have liked (the 30% lower-end mod messed us up, it should have been 50%).

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

svenalo wrote:What we need is a clear and concise answer to where the dev's see mages in relation to other classes as far as DPS goes - where they believe we should rank. Even top third, middle third, bottom third would be enough to give us a good indication of what they think our DPS should be (as opposed to what we think). .
I will 2nd and third this request.

If the magicians going to Fan Faire can get the DEV's to answer this question, it would be huge IMO.

I am not saying we will like the answer, but if their answer is less than upper mid range, I would like the questioning to include asking the DEV's for their justification on our placement.

Sued...