Topics to be discussed at Fan Faire

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Aumeldarie
Elementalist

Re: Topics to be discussed at Fan Faire

Post by Aumeldarie »

Calebe wrote:If you read the change:
I'm obviously the one that didn't read the change and yet somehow I knew it wasn't going to be this huge improvement to our burst DPS. I must be pyschic! /boggle
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

It wasn't supposed to be a huge improvement for our burst. It was an increase to help us with THIS expansion, and it did that. It didn't do it well enough but it did help us out. It was also a highly un-expected improvement because we are mid expansion, most of us (myself included) were not expecting anything to get done until next expansion.

However, now that it got done and it was promised we will see more improvements during THIS expansion we want more. And the lack of communication on what else is in store is not good, especially with FF coming up which means beta is around the corner aswell.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

SoE just posted this request a few days ago!
Time to think about new AA.

Yep.. it's that time again. Time for you guys to start collecting your thoughts about what you want from new AAs. I'd recommend compiling and vetting a list and submitting it as a class rather than just a random stream of PMs and such.

Some guidelines:

If an ability has a recast time shorter than 5 minutes, it's likely better served as a spell. Of course there are exceptions, but that's pretty much a guideline.
No refresh time on a spell can get any faster than 50% of its original cast time, no matter how much you want it.
Crit Chance likely is never going to be upgraded again.
Slows just aren't happening. We're not going to make them better.
"It's about time", "It's only fair", and "We've asked for it for X years" are NOT valid reasons for getting something.
Just because you ask for it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Oh.. and please please please.. one VERY SPECIFIC DETAIL I'd like from each class is what they'd like to see in a 4th Spire ability. I won't guarantee I'll make them, but I'd like very much to know where your collective heads are on the idea.
If we can do this prior to Fan Faire, I can send them the list and speak to it while im there.
Last edited by Danille on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

We have already sent AA lists out and such. I know atleast 2 people did (Vora and myself), from the I believe new stuff thread we compiled a list and sent it.

The 4th spire is interesting, I just don't know what else we could need. We have a DS, a crit chance increaser, and a pet dmg increaser. That pretty much covers everything we could need. Possibly something to increase flurry chance and melee dmg (similar to bard Aura) of our rag pet in the form of a spire, but it would have to be similar in DPS of first spire and such.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Danille

Post by Danille »

thats cool well if your coming to fan faire bring the list, if not post it here so the folks that are going can support it and speak to it as well please
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

The devs don't want you to physically hand them a list... They want it on the forums.
Danille

Post by Danille »

Malleria wrote:The devs don't want you to physically hand them a list... They want it on the forums.
aye, didnt plan on physically handing them the list, just wanted to be sure that everyone was on the same page (passing it out to fellow mages at FF as not every mage visits this website).

Well I reread SoE's request on AA's ideas, They want a well thought out list, that is vetted by the class as a whole versus individual PM's. So let's be sure to give them that.

Please post in this thread what AA Ideas were recently PM'ed to the developers, so the developers can see what is listed here, we can vet it, and refer to it at FF.
Last edited by Danille on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I realize we have much bigger fish to fry than this idea but I'd still pay a decent number of AA's to have our gargoyle pet come out shrunk. Yea yea yea I should have played a race that didn't have height issues to begin with but having a huge pet wasn't a consideration way back then.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

You need to play more, our gargs alrdy come shrunk.

Danille

Post by Danille »

Tweelis wrote:I realize we have much bigger fish to fry than this idea but I'd still pay a decent number of AA's to have our gargoyle pet come out shrunk. Yea yea yea I should have played a race that didn't have height issues to begin with but having a huge pet wasn't a consideration way back then.
Mahahaha! Gnomes need them shrunk three times! :oops: