New AA Request From Eli

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: New AA Request From Eli

Post by svenalo »

I am opposed to anything that requires killing or damaging the pet to get effect XYZ except maybe that 500k damage bomb thing (but realistically we know they would never give us a 500k damage bomb thing). Our pet is our life blood...damaging the pet should be an abhorent idea to all of us.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

We have Replenish, PR, and Blessing to keep our pet HPs up. It is not anything for pet to take dmg, it is a big thing to get rid of it completely. We already have a mana line that hurts our pet.

If we did not have a way to heal our pet, then yes we should not want to dmg it at all but we do so the point really is moot.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

Piemastaj wrote:This is the list so far, tried to get just about all the ideas out there, the general concensus on this thread was don't kill our pets so I did not post those. If I saw duplicates I erased them, this list will continue to get updated.
Pie or some other Mod, can you put the list as a stand alone read only Sticky post so people and Elidroth, for when he drops by, don't have to read through 5+ pages of post to find it?

Read only so Dev's and others don't have to read through 432 pages of our family rants :lol:
Sued...
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

Rants? RANTS? WE DO NOT RANT?! OMG!

*snicker*
Savil
Arch Mage

Post by Savil »

Wow, I can post a test message but if I post with some "keywords" the server "resets" the connection. Cute. Real Cute. Beyond stupid.

Savil
Last edited by Savil on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jedis
Administrator

Post by Jedis »

Savil wrote:Wow, I can post a test message but if I post with some "keywords" the server "resets" the connection. Cute. Real Cute. Beyond stupid.

Savil
Savil,

I replied to your PM. Any "connection resets" are issues with the hosting provider, and not something in the keywords filter. The only thing in that list is swear words, and members can choose to bypass that if they're posting in an off-topic forum such as Politics.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

qibrme wrote:
Piemastaj wrote:This is the list so far, tried to get just about all the ideas out there, the general concensus on this thread was don't kill our pets so I did not post those. If I saw duplicates I erased them, this list will continue to get updated.
Pie or some other Mod, can you put the list as a stand alone read only Sticky post so people and Elidroth, for when he drops by, don't have to read through 5+ pages of post to find it?

Read only so Dev's and others don't have to read through 432 pages of our family rants :lol:
Sued...
I will be formalizing this list Thursday and sending it to him Friday morning. Get all your ideas in Wednesday and we'll spend Thursday plowing through the list to vet stuff so the list is more concise and not insanely long.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

While i can't think of very many applications for "AA to gate to pet."

I think an AA to gate to a group member has TONS of useful applications.

Sued...
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

svenalo wrote:I am opposed to anything that requires killing or damaging the pet to get effect XYZ except maybe that 500k damage bomb thing (but realistically we know they would never give us a 500k damage bomb thing). Our pet is our life blood...damaging the pet should be an abhorent idea to all of us.
The reason I suggested this was because typically, the pet you are walking around with is not the pet you are using for DPS on a raid. You have that pet safely suspended until you are ready. If you are going to kill your pet anyway to unsuspend another, you might as well get some use out of it 1st.
500K dmg might sound like a lot, but with the 45 sec duration, it's only about 11K dps + whatever your pet adds prior to exploding on target.
Piemastaj wrote: Pet doing dmg by killing is a thought, but again that takes away a form of mana regen, our fade ability.
It takes away the mana regen and fade for the duration of unsuspending a pet. Those shouldn't even be mentioned.
Not to mention we would need to have a pet out to sabotage then waste time on bringing down a suspended pet, whereas you could time it now to un-suspend your pet the second before u engage to not lose any DPS.
Hence the suggestion of Hastened Suspend minion. Even if this doesn't happen, you'll be front loading some dps, so even using the time to unsuspend you'll still come out ahead.
Not to mention in the end-game really you only need to un-suspend your pet, there is 0 trash in SS. The other T3 raids either can have FBO used in them or have no trash.
Got me there. I'm not in end game. I always have 1 pet pocketed and 1 pet out no matter where I am.
And to clarify sumtin. i wanna say i fully understand its adjustable, but if this did 500k dmg. I would be using it anytime it was up that is in the solo and group game. Right now that would be 3/4s of the mobs hp in SS, basically you would just need to rag pet then explode and mob is dead (maybe a nuke or 2 at most). It would EXTREMELY OP us in the group game, not that I am saying we should not go for it because of that its just a thought.

Something like this where it can be easily used in a group game seems it would happen in 2 ways: it makes us real OP there, nerf threads come up and it doesn't make it out of beta. The other is it doesn't do enough DPS b/c the devs were afraid of the effect on the group game so it becomes a minor upgrade at best.
You missed the part where I said it has a countdown timer (30 - 45 secs as I suggested). It's not a fire and instant 500K. In your scenario both Rag and explode a pet has the potential to die before it fired off. Even so, you do realize that just about everything we shoot for as it pertains to raid dps, unless it's tied to # of pets or # of peeps on hatelist will be used in both the group game and solo game. That's not an argument we should use when trying to get dps increases. I know it's easier said than done. Any type of dps increase we get (meaning mobs will die faster) is going to bring out the nerf threads from people who don't have a clue.
A better option would possibly be something that does dmg to our pet but the amount of dmg it does to our pet it does double that amount to the mob. Kind of like the Necromance ability lifeburn (does dmg to necs, but it does the exact same dmg to mob). If we got it to double that would be a sizeable dmg coming form our pet, it would also help DPS, and it would keep our pet alive.
I like that actually, though doubling the dmg would not be enough.

Anyway, I'm done with this one. Moving on now. Nothing to see here. The list is coming together nicely. :D
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Yeah, but if you make this aa, the devs will factor in that is used always. They won't say, "well, they probably rarely use this." It happens with every ability. I don't want the devs expecting us to kill our pets for dps. If you don't believe me, ask rogues about their poison dps.