EQ going Free to Play in March

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: EQ going Free to Play in March

Post by Voragath »

It's unknown what piecemeal bits they'll be selling but I've been listening to what the other games do. Other games allow you to pay money to unlock a class, race, or abilities so I don't see why they won't do the same here.

Also, they'll never let you reset your aa's on live. The only way to give aa's back on live is for an aa to be removed from the game. For those going, "but what about origin!!" and that's because origin was technically removed and then given back ;)
Eubedyen
Magician

Post by Eubedyen »

Prolly goin to be like the other FtP games,if you want to experience better zones want better gear you will have to pay for it .Thats whats holding the wife from comming back
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

As a high elf (not included) magician (not incl) with 5000+ AAs (not incl), I shudder to think what would happen if I logged in under "free".
Think I'll just stay retired. . .
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

they said anyone who had a subscription in the past will always be silver. What will basically happen is:
1. If your over the AA cap - you won't be able to earn new AAs
2. If your over the PP cap - you won't be able to earn more money
3. Recent raid gear and the best group gear won't be wearable by non-gold players (no affect on players who've been gone)
4. Any character made before ftp hits can be played. The creation limits only affect characters made after ftp starts
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

Zacatac wrote:As a high elf (not included) magician (not incl) with 5000+ AAs (not incl), I shudder to think what would happen if I logged in under "free".
Think I'll just stay retired. . .
you'll be able to play your high elf mage free, as a silver account. you won't be able to earn any aa, plat, or character slots above what you have currently if you're over the max, but you won't lose what you have. toons created before ftp conversion are grandfathered in, and you can log in as many as you want. the biggest issue i would foresee is that your gear might be prestige, so you'd log in essentially nekkid. /whistle
Goranothos
Arch Mage

Post by Goranothos »

Edit: Nevermind
Last edited by Goranothos on Fri May 04, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.