March Patch Fixes:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

March Patch Fixes:

Post by Piemastaj »

As of right now we have our Extended Swarm AAs now working on our Garg pets on Test. Currently they are not on live, so they will be adding another 6 seconds of time onto each Garg pet we cast.

Another issue that should be getting adjusted is our Servant of Ro is only lasting for 65 seconds on live. In the most recent Test patch notes, they adjusted the 'nuke' on the Servant of Ro. I noticed nothing different to it in terms of DMG, but they did fix the time a little bit so that Servant of Ro now lasts 73 seconds. Hoping to get this changed and in before the Live patch. It should be lasting 90 seconds.

Will update more as it comes around.
Last edited by Piemastaj on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Re: March Patch Fixes:

Post by Voragath »

I'm trying to track down this nuke portion tidbit. Eli said he didn't make that change.
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

also fix the fact that theft of essence doesnt trigger with the voa summoned nuke and also if you read the voa summoned nuke description they will need to increase damage on the 3% proc

totally broken imo
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

Shardin wrote:also fix the fact that theft of essence doesnt trigger with the voa summoned nuke and also if you read the voa summoned nuke description they will need to increase damage on the 3% proc

totally broken imo
I did that during HoT. I revisited that a month or two ago as a CRT and had a conversation with Eli about it. Did a lot of digging through it and discussion with him on it to track down the issue(s) so hopefully it'll be fixed sometime soonish.

He didn't say if/when he'd fix it but he has all the info he needs.
Voragath
Grand Summoner

Post by Voragath »

UPDATE: The damage portion of the S. Ro fix is an errant message. It's being removed.

I also discussed the S. Ro timer issue. They know what's wrong with that one too. No ETA on that but I'm guessing it's too late to get it in for the March patch even if they fixed it right now.
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

Shardin wrote:also fix the fact that theft of essence doesnt trigger with the voa summoned nuke and also if you read the voa summoned nuke description they will need to increase damage on the 3% proc

totally broken imo
WTF? And all this time I thought it was just my imagination. Having to heal my pet for more due to this needs to be fixed. I'd rather use that mana to kill mobs rather than use promised.
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

totally broken imo
First of all, it took us like 8 months to get HoTs summoned nuke to proc Theft of Essence. I would not hold your breath for it to get done.

Secondly, the nuke is just bad. It does 400 less then our Bolt. IT is no where near the same league as either Spear. To make the nuke worthwhile it would have to be majorly overhauled, so that it was at least on the same DMG path as our HoT spear. Even if it did proc, I would venture to guess your still losing out on DPS.

Thirdly, there are simply not enough summoned/construct mobs around anymore. SoF was fantastic with all the robots, but we are just not seeing expansions like that anymore.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Tweelis
Arch Magus

Post by Tweelis »

I still do a lesson burn in zeka when solo. Given my usual playtime is around midnight pacific getting groups are pretty few and far between. The damage to mana ratio on the summoned nukes is really good so between that and (what I thought) theft of essence these nukes see a lot of use from me and others like me.

Even with Feerrott being a hotzone I still have a tough time getting the same aaxp out of a lesson burn. Granted the travel time between the two is close enough to be the same (I have the zeka port clicky) fairly often I have barely enough time to click into beza or zeka, kill then gate back.
deadman1204
Arch Mage

Post by deadman1204 »

just cause its not as useful at 95 doesn't mean ALOT of people don't use it
Shardin
Conjurer

Post by Shardin »

Piemastaj wrote:

totally broken imo
First of all, it took us like 8 months to get HoTs summoned nuke to proc Theft of Essence. I would not hold your breath for it to get done.

Secondly, the nuke is just bad. It does 400 less then our Bolt. IT is no where near the same league as either Spear. To make the nuke worthwhile it would have to be majorly overhauled, so that it was at least on the same DMG path as our HoT spear. Even if it did proc, I would venture to guess your still losing out on DPS.

Thirdly, there are simply not enough summoned/construct mobs around anymore. SoF was fantastic with all the robots, but we are just not seeing expansions like that anymore.
Sounds like you know what it takes to fix it. so lets get it done. dont see why they wouldnt fix because the nuke is too limited to be OP