December 20th:

EverQuest related news and other things relevant to all members.
Mintalee
Elementalist

Re: December 20th:

Post by Mintalee »

I love the suggestions to turn some of our mana return options into AAs. Our spell gems really are ridiculously clogged up trying to get mana back. What about making our self-only new mod rod into an AA as well?
Potawatomi
Volunteer

Post by Potawatomi »

Just a heads up on the spell to AA requests, while I don't disagree it would be nice. From what I have read and seen during the other AA chats, with Elidroth, is that he hasn't been willing to create AA's from existing spells. His logic being that he doesn't want to infringe on Aristo's area. So I wouldn't put too much hope into those being made.
bluejaye
Elementalist

Post by bluejaye »

anyone have a link to the irc chats? yes, i'm cheap and didnt wanna pay to go, so i locked 100 and got a few aa instead.
Yaddab
Elementalist

Post by Yaddab »

Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

For those of us who don't have time to read through all of that... any small synopsis of yes answers?
Aither
Elementalist

Post by Aither »

RECAP alot more was asked for but these are the Yes or Maybe:

01[12:27] <Aither> MAGE**Melusinic Entrophy: passive AA for Malo line that becons the elementals of water to increase the chance the malo line of spells to land on a npc, the values of course are yours to play with, but i was thinking a 50 percent chance to land would be of great help.
[12:30] <@Elidroth> Aither - we'll have to look at that one. I'm sure something can be done there, but 50% would be WAY too much

01[12:33] <Aither> MAGE** Undine Malediction: conal ae malo, a way for magicians to land malo on several targets in close proximity to the caster. I'm looking for a one minute refresh on this ability so that it can't be used too frequently.
[12:34] <@Elidroth> which malo version are you thinking of for this? Generally when we make an AOE of something it's less powerful than the current ST for obvious reasons
[12:34] <@Elidroth> I don't hate the idea at all
01[12:34] <Aither> well i would be ok if it was the malo from two expansions back
01[12:35] <Aither> something to start with and improve over time
[12:35] <@Elidroth> which one.. specifics please.. I don't do spells remember
01[12:35] <Aither> sure one sec
01[12:36] <Aither> level 86 malosene rk 1
01[12:37] <Aither> spell id 26173
[12:37] <@Elidroth> I'll consider it. Let me talk it over with Ellyra and Aristo
[12:37] <@Elidroth> It's not a NO, but it's not a YES right now

01[12:58] <Aither> Earthen Benediction: an activatable aa which bestows a chance of survival when a magician reaches 10 percent health or lower. This aa would fire a rune on the magician which would absorb a percentage of incoming damage, thus giving time for a heal to land.I was thinking this could go in the song window with a short duration of effect around 1 minute on a 30 minute refresh timer.
[12:58] <@Elidroth> 10% is too low.
[12:59] <@Elidroth> you'll die more often than not
[12:59] <@Elidroth> before the system reacts
01[12:59] <Aither> adjust the values as you see fit
[12:59] <Ismel> 30% ?
[13:00] <@Elidroth> yeah.. it's a good idea and something I was looking to do more of this go around anyway

01[14:20] <Aither> Shared Health -could the values of this ability be tweaked or new ranks added to increase the maximum amount of damage that can be transferred per hit? got the aa back in gates of discord and well damage per swing has increased (a great deal) since that expansion.
[14:24] <@Elidroth> Aither - I can look into upgrading that

01[14:26] <Aither> Shifting Elements- Decreases the reuse timer of elemental heart and elemental core abilities by 1 minute per rank, currently we have 3 ranks, could we get a few more ranks?
[14:28] <@Elidroth> yeah

[14:15] <Cicelee> Magician AA request- with no upgrade to Surge (short term dmg shield) and with Famished Flames never used due to 10 minute refresh... would like to suggest an AA for a dmg shield. Values can be variable, but either short term 5 minutes 750 straight damage per hit, 30 counters... or longer term 10 minutes 1500 straight damage per hit, 30 counters.... numbers can be adjusted as need be
[14:16] <@Elidroth> so.. NOT using Famished Flames because of its reuse.. seems dumb
[14:16] <Cicelee> it is not used because it takes up a spell slot
[14:16] <@Elidroth> a buff slot?
[14:16] <Cicelee> which means magicians now don't have 12 spells to use, but only 11
[14:17] <@Elidroth> ah
[14:17] <Nylrem> a spell gem slot. 10 min recast on a spell gem slot is terrible
[14:17] <Ismel> i gave up using it at all on twink P
[14:17] <Cicelee> so even though magicians have 12 spells they can cast with mnemonic retention (sp), because we have to wait 10 minutes for it to refresh that only gives us 11 spells to use while we wait on spell gem slot
[14:18] <Cicelee> hence the suggestion to move that spell to an AA where it is much easier to wait for a 10 minute refresh
[14:18] <@Elidroth> I'll ask Aristo what he thinks about that
01[14:18] <Aither> thanks eli

01[16:14] <Aither> Theft of Essence could we get an additional rank ? on a related note Theft of essence doesnt appear to be working with spells in spell group 5430 and 5530. specifically spell id 28802 and 34840.
[16:16] <@Elidroth> I can update it with those spell groups, but I don't want to upgrade it

01[16:36] <Aither> Slyphic Succursus :This AA would call upon the elemental spirits of air to whisk us away to a safe spot in the zone. Magicians need a way to remove ourselves from harm if a pull goes wrong or we get trained ect. Or for when our pet dies, when we will not be allowed to use Drape.
[16:38] <@Elidroth> no
[16:38] <@Elidroth> As far as that other fade.. I'd do it.. but it's going to share the timer with Drape of Shadows
***Eli misunderstood, but hey we get a new fade without pet requirements out of it

01[17:02] <Aither> Hastened Elemental Union: would it be possible to get a few ranks to shorten the reuse of this ability?
01[17:03] <Aither> its currently a 22 min refresh
[17:03] <@Elidroth> yeah.. I can hastened that a little

01[17:05] <Aither> Gather Potential AA: We have the worst Mana regeneration rate of any int caster. Simply put this would go a long way if we can get 7k+ mana returned on this ability, with a roughly 15 to 20min re-use on it.
[17:07] <@Elidroth> maybe..
[17:07] <@Elidroth> We'll see..

01[17:29] <Aither> Elemental Form Water: currently at its max rank this aa provides water breathing and 4 mana regen per tick. Could mages possibly get more ranks to bring this long unused aa back to life it could be a great way to provide some mana regen to magicians
[17:30] <@Elidroth> sure
01[17:30] <Aither> what kind of values do you think would be appropriate?
[17:30] <@Elidroth> more than 4

01[17:52] <Aither> Earth Elemental Form: 5 or 10% permanent DMG mitigation. Make sure it can not stack with Stone Core. If not that possibly like a 5k HP increase with around 250 AC or so.
06[17:52] * Aither ducks
06[17:54] * Beimeith thinks Elidroth does not like the word "permanent" when talking about AAs
[17:55] <@Elidroth> it would be while in form.. but a tradeoff.. like reduced damage
01[17:55] <Aither> basically Elidroth mages have wanted more ranks of elemental forms, implementation is up to you if you feel like it
[17:56] <@Elidroth> we'll see

01[18:25] <Aither> Hastened Virulent Talon: Each rank decreases the re-use time of this AA by 1 minute. looking for 3 ranks. any hastening you might give at all would be greatly appreciated
[18:28] <@Elidroth> I'd knock a few minutes off Virulent Talen
Mintalee
Elementalist

Post by Mintalee »

Awesome. Thank you. Crossing my fingers for gather AA...
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

I have seen problems with Famished Flames spell line explained very understandably a number of times, yet the GMs act as if this is something they never heard of before?
Cielli
Conjurer

Post by Cielli »

Last comment saved the day... Hastened Talon.

AA famished flames, switched to AA - Thumbs up

Switch gather mana spell to AA... I 'hope' thats what they were talking bout. - thumbs up
Danille

Post by Danille »

if they want to pick a malo spell from a few expansions back they should be mala cause it is unresistable;

01[12:33] <Aither> MAGE** Undine Malediction: conal ae malo, a way for magicians to land malo on several targets in close proximity to the caster. I'm looking for a one minute refresh on this ability so that it can't be used too frequently.
[12:34] <@Elidroth> which malo version are you thinking of for this? Generally when we make an AOE of something it's less powerful than the current ST for obvious reasons
[12:34] <@Elidroth> I don't hate the idea at all
01[12:34] <Aither> well i would be ok if it was the malo from two expansions back
01[12:35] <Aither> something to start with and improve over time
[12:35] <@Elidroth> which one.. specifics please.. I don't do spells remember
01[12:35] <Aither> sure one sec
01[12:36] <Aither> level 86 malosene rk 1
01[12:37] <Aither> spell id 26173
[12:37] <@Elidroth> I'll consider it. Let me talk it over with Ellyra and Aristo
[12:37] <@Elidroth> It's not a NO, but it's not a YES right now