Elementalist

Places to hunt

Post by dduble07 »

I'd say Everfrost 1-20.
Wati
Magician

Re: Places to hunt

Post by Wati »

This is my general notes on good starting zones.

1-12 Id say stay in the tutorial until you get bored. It will take long time until you could get better money and items so easy as you could in the tutorial. If you leave the tutorial with 200pp you should be very satisfied. At level 10 you could easily move around and your level 10 pet could kill most things easily, that’s when you start to make money.

6-18 Kurns tower. Start at ground level and fight your way up. Its realy good xp until lvl 16. If you save the bone chips you might make some money selling them later to a high level necro (Best to set up a bazaar mule). If you plan to save the bone chips, remember to buy some bags before you run for Kurns.

15-24 Paludal Caverns, Just stay away from the mobs that cast rabies. You will not have out of combat regen when you are diseased.

Id say this is the fastest way to 22. But also be aware of all the Hotzones (Currently Everfrost).

At 22 Id grab a list of current hotzones and try to stick to that list.
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

I agree with Wati's list 100% my post was not meant to be a real post but more of a way of getting players to post on every forum on this site. While Everfrost is an option up to 20 and above what Wati said is much better idea
Juslike

Post by Juslike »

I used to do Kurns then Paludal in the old days.

As a recent returnee, the I tried to xp via the 'new start path', I believe to be much much better.

Tutorial until you have a full set of backpacks and at least 100 pp

Then Crescent Reach up until 23-24. It's so totally convenient - merchants in same zone, trainers, tradeskill freebies, the all important potion vendor (I would suggest all newbies spend money on potions above all else here).

Alsthough in the early 20's the undead at the north of the zone will be light blue or green, you rip through them at such a pace that even the old Paludal bandits seems like slow xp.

If you're suffienciently 'potioned up' (health,regen,clarity,spirituality etc) as a dress wearer you can still melee happily, getting those all important defensive skills up that maybe just maybe might keep you up a bit longer.

Then move to Blightfire as the xp there is still much better than the current hot zone imho until 40.

Hunt gnolls first SW , then the cats SE, then up to the undead in the NW.
Bastler
Conjurer

Post by Bastler »

Yes, CR BFM will get you to lvl 40 easy, including good cash drops for vendor selling. Even if you must goto Paludal do it at lvl 6 or from the SV side.
Also the rabies have been nerfed since a couple of years. In the early days you needed to cast the cures you had at lvl 20 3 times to remove them, now its 1 time. People just didnt understand that the rabies had a lot of counters.