Hints on pets 1-50

Not quite at the level cap.
Wati
Magician

Hints on pets 1-50

Post by Wati »

Hints on pets 1-50

My thoughts about leveling 1-50. This is general thoughts about how to use pets to lvl 50 efficient.

First of all we need to study some history of Everquest. In the beginning Mages did not got spells every level, just on some special spell levels.

Level 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 29, 34, 39, 44 and 49.

At level 4 you got your four first pets. Air, Fire, Water and Earth.

At the beginning you could get a level 3, 4 or 5 pet. To get the most powerful pet at level 4 you casted and reclaimed your pet until you got a yellow con (level 5). At level 6 and 7 you could not tell how good your pet was, because it always conned blue (either it was level 3, 4 or 5).

The same applied for all pets on all levels. You could get differently powerful pets depending on luck.

After some years they changed so you now always summon a pet at “max level”.

A couple of years later they smoothened out the spells, so you now get spells at all levels. So the first 4 pets spells are distributed from level 2 to 5. The second set of pet spells were distributed from level 6 to 9, and so on.

End of History lesson.

Why is this of interest?

When you cast your level 2 pet spell, you will always get a pet that has level 5.When you cast your level 5 pet spell, you will still get a pet of lvl5, not more powerful than your level 2 pet spell.

However at level 6 you will get a much more powerful pet spell. The level 9 pet spell is about as powerful as the level 6 one.

At level 10 you will again get a much more powerful pet. And so on.

I will list the pet spells below, mark where the pet levels are and list where you easily could get the spells.

2: Elementalkin Water (Guild)
3: Elementalkin Fire (Guild)
4: Elementalkin Air (Guild)
5: Elementalkin Earth (Guild)
---------
6: Elementaling Water (Guild)
7: Elementaling Fire (Guild)
8: Elementaling Air (Guild)
9: Elementaling Earth (Guild)
--------------
10: Elemental Water (Guild)
11: Elemental Fire (PoK)
12: Elemental Air (PoK)
13: Elemental Earth (PoK)
------------
14: Minor Summoning Water (PoK)
15: Minor Summoning Fire (OOT)
16: Minor Summoning Air (OOT)
17: Minor Summoning Earth (OOT)
------------
18: Lesser Summoning Water (OOT)
19: Lesser Summoning Fire (OOT)
20: Lesser Summoning Air (PoK)
21: Lesser Summoning Earth (OOT)
-----------
22: Summoning Water (Research)
23: Summoning Fire (Research)
24: Summoning Air (Research)
25: Summoning Earth (PoK)
------------
26: Greater Summoning Water (Research)
27: Greater Summoning Fire (PoK)
28: Greater Summoning Air (PoK)
29: Greater Summoning Earth (Research)
-------------
30: Monster Summoning I (Abysmal Sea)
31: Minor Conjuration Water (PoK)
32: Minor Conjuration Fire (Research)
33: Minor Conjuration Air (Research)
34: Minor Conjuration Earth (PoK)
------------
36: Lesser Conjuration Water (Abysmal Sea)
37: Lesser Conjuration Fire (PoK)
38: Lesser Conjuration Air (PoK)
39: Lesser Conjuration Earth (Research)
------------
41: Conjuration Water (Abysmal Sea)
42: Conjuration Fire (PoK)
43: Conjuration Air (Abysmal Sea)
44: Conjuration Earth (Abysmal Sea)
------------
46: Greater Conjuration Earth (PoK)
47: Greater Conjuration Fire (Research)
48: Greater Conjuration Air (Research)
49: Greater Conjuration Water (Research)
------------
50: Monster Summoning II(Velious drop and research)

Id say from lvl 2-50 the fire pets are the most powerfull(due their powerful damage shield). So Id recommend you to use the lvl 19 pet until you get the level 25 pet spell (Unless you have the possibility to get the researched spells). But remember that the pets level is of great importance, Id choose the 46 pet over the 42 since the 46 is in the next “pet level”.

Id buy and use the bold pets. Ofcourse the Earth pet could sometimes be handy because of its root, so Id toss in the Earth pets in my spellbook for special camps/situations.

If you are not using the fire pet, remember to damage shield your pet with your best damage shield.

When heading to OOT id buy the level 15, 18 and 19 spell. It’s a long trip to OOT and those are the pet spells Id use.

Heading to Aysmal Sea id buy 30, 36 and 41 at the same time and not bother going back to buy the rest of the spells from there. (I haven’t checked up what other spells might be bought in Abysmal Sea, you might have to buy other no-pet spells there)

Regards Wati
Nelith
Arch Magus

Re: Hints on pets 1-50

Post by Nelith »

Why wouldn't you pretty much always use the Air pet unless you needed root (Earth pet)?

Doesn't the stun from Air pet pretty much outweigh the potential benefits of all the others 99% of the time?
Wati
Magician

Re: Hints on pets 1-50

Post by Wati »

At Level 1-50 the DS of the firepets are way overpowered. The pet self DS is way better then the DS you have.

In the 61+ range I would say you are quite right about your comment. The 61+ Air pets are imo the best alround pet.

When this post were created I didnt know about Mercs, today its most likley faster to get the best tank Merc at lower levels and use it in the right areas. (Works fine up to 55-ish)