afk kill?

Not quite at the level cap.
dduble07
Elementalist

afk kill?

Post by dduble07 »

I have always read old posts and heard stories about having a mage put his pet on an old stance and the pet killing everything around. While I thought this was a thing of the past recentally i have thought that it could once again be done with a cleric merc. before i go on I want to say I will not do this if this violates some kind of SoE's rule so if it does stop me there.

I also do not know if this is a good way of exping I have buffed with gal a few hundread hp above 20k no defensive aa's all t3 and t4 sod gear. I have a t5 cleric merc and if need be my friend also has a t5 merc. I am lvl 84 and my friend is lvl 82. My pet has almost all the pet aa's(not that defensive aa;s would help much since i'll get the agro) I was thinking a remote camp in dragonscale hills, or a place in oceangreen village or hills. Anyway just another throught rushing through my head any advice would be very appreciated
Msha
Magician

Re: afk kill?

Post by Msha »

I am pretty sure AFK playing is considered an exploit by SoE, and if found out could result in a warning or harsher treatment.
Msha Flamethrower
85 Magician
Wind of Tranquility
Antonius Bayle Server
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Alright thats what I was thinking and why I hadnt seen anything on it or heard of any mages doing it besides mages 9 years ago. Can anyone else verify that this is against soe's rule?
Firen Fury
Arch Convoker

Post by Firen Fury »

way back in the day, on vallon zek, a certain mage (Cognak) was a very hated player because he would sit at the portal in GD or cobalt scar, with his epic pet out, and afk. people would attack him and get killed by his pet. it was a great laugh for him and a great frustration for everyone else. to my knowledge, he never got in trouble for it. (i assume the pet took care of any random mobs that agrod too).
Image . Image . Image
The 'Preview' Button is Your Friend
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

You would get crap for xp anyway. 99% of the xp would just go to your pet. So you'd get about 1% shared with your merc. You'd probably get more xp killing legitimately for 10 mins than afk'ing for 24 hours.
Dadani
Conjurer

Post by Dadani »

AFK killing was mainly for faction.
Image Image
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Alright i guess it wouldnt be good exp but can anyone confirm if its agaisnt the rules of the game??
Malleria
Arch Mage

Post by Malleria »

There was a big thread about this over on EQlive, I think the consensus was its not technically against any specific rule, but it goes against their "play nice" clause. So you can do it, but if people see ya and report it, a GM might look, and if it appears you're afk for a while, they'll boot ya off the game. Not ban or suspend ya or anything, just force you to ld.

But yea, thats not an official answer.
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Thankyou very much i really appreciate it, i most likely wont do it more then 1-2 times but can anyone suggest a place for me to do it at?
Gadjett

Post by Gadjett »

Yes its an exploit..l. I found an area (was a hot zone) where I was where I was afk lvling my shaman with with mercs.... Id go afk while mercs tank and cleric kill anything that agroed me. You will first recieve a warning and next time you will get banned... You can get away with it more in instances with repops but do not try it in hot zones....