afk kill?

Not quite at the level cap.
qibrme
Conjurer

Re: afk kill?

Post by qibrme »

dduble07 wrote: i most likely wont do it more then 1-2 times but can anyone suggest a place for me to do it at?
LOL yeah I suggest you try the AFK killing in SoD Old Bloodfields zone.

You can just sit about outside the castle wall, drop invis and go AFK, Might want to bind there as well.

Warrens will work just as well, try the AFK killing on the Golems

Your merc and pet will take care of the rest.

Suediwenae...
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

Lol the first mob will rape you if you try this. You need to be in aggro range/hit range to do this so that will mean your pet would engage after you get hit and well those mobs dont hit for like 100 dmg. So you will die many, many times. :D

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
Sillaen
Arch Convoker

Post by Sillaen »

Piemastaj wrote:Lol the first mob will rape you if you try this. You need to be in aggro range/hit range to do this so that will mean your pet would engage after you get hit and well those mobs dont hit for like 100 dmg. So you will die many, many times. :D
Lol, I think that was his point Piem. :twisted:
Piemastaj
Arch Magus

Post by Piemastaj »

I know, which is why I was pointing it out. Don't want someone unfamiliar with the afk kill thing doing this and coming back and being lvl 11 from 85. :lol:

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."—Douglas Adams
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Thankyou for posting real information i am just curious and would prefer the smartass remarks to be left out of the post
Wyntyr

Post by Wyntyr »

While I can't point to any post by a Sony dev that specifically states that afk killing is illegal, I can share what happened to a mage in our guild. He was working on his BiC aug and needed faction, parked himself and pet in the appropriate zone and went afk for the evening. By the time he got back he had maxxed the faction needed, he got no XP from the kills, only faction. Not long thereafter he found he couldn't log into his mage account, contacting Sony support showed his account had a 2 week suspension on it. They didn't tell him why specifically the suspension took place but only referenced "violations of the EULA".

So while this doesn't prove anything one way or the other it sure leans toward afk killing is an exploit argument. Take it for what it's worth and do whatever you want, just be prepared to suffer any consequences.

Also be aware that players may see you no matter where you set up your afk camp and take matters into their own hands. At worst you'd end up with 1 unrezzable death.
qibrme
Conjurer

Post by qibrme »

dduble07 wrote:Thankyou for posting real information i am just curious and would prefer the smartass remarks to be left out of the post
Ok but when you post asking how to exploit the game, the smart @$$ in me comes out.

Most of us got levels, AA's and faction the old fashion way.

Ask for a tip on how to improve in playing the game, fine.
Most people here are very happy to help out and share their experiences and we can all learn from each other.
Been that way for years on the mage boards

But when you ask how to exploit the game and you were clearly aware that what you were asking is an exploit, being mildly sarcastic is actually a kind way of saying "play fair".

Suediwenae...
Ottaro
Elementalist

Post by Ottaro »

Knowledge_base_search wrote:Question:Is it OK to let my pet fight while I am AFK?

answer: No. By taking advantage of (or exploiting) a game mechanic to advance a character with no input by the player, you are gaining an unfair advantage over others and are in violation of SOE policies. Gaining experience while you are not at the keyboard is not intended gameplay and can result in disciplinary action taken upon your account. Disciplinary action for unattended game play can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and permanent account cancellation (ban). If you are playing a pet class and need to go AFK for an extended period of time (i.e. longer then a few moments), please make sure you are in a safe area away from where agro mobs wander or spawn.

Please review the EverQuest II Rules of Conduct which includes the following:

12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest II and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest II. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command. You may also report any such bugs/exploits by submitting a customer service help ticket through our in-game petition process.
I know this is from EQ2 but they quoted SOE policies (whom EQ falls under), this answer applies, it's an exploit.
Zacatac
Conjurer

Post by Zacatac »

You also have to remember how the game mechanics work now days. 1. Pets do not aggro unless the mob attacks you. 2. Mercs do not aggro unless the mob attacks you. 3. Mobs will attack a PC in range first, no matter what the pet does.
Therefore, the mob must attack YOU when it spawns, which means a pet might be there doing DPS to kill it, but YOU are the one tanking while your cleric merc is healing you. So this idea does have some drawbacks if you aren't well geared enough or defensive AAs done. A few too many mobs spawn and you die, then 3+ hours later you have unrezzable death loss of xp.
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Qibrme wrote "Ok but when you post asking how to exploit the game, the smart @$$ in me comes out.But when you ask how to exploit the game and you were clearly aware that what you were asking is an exploit" I was not aware that it was an exploit only asking a question, notice the topic of this concersation was afk kill? NoT! "how do i exploit the game" I know in my original post I said if this is an exploit stop me now and I won't continue but before you judge and spew smurf read all the posts. Thankyou to everyone who answered this question of mine it was just a question nothing more I was just curious and wondered if it could be done.