SoD faction

Not quite at the level cap.
dduble07
Elementalist

SoD faction

Post by dduble07 »

I as well as others often have questions on how to max one of the most challenging things in the last 2 expansions how do I max out my factions. Very key Magician as well as all other classes have key spells on certain vendors and with no level increase in November getting these spells off the faction merchants is very important. Which is why I propose having this forum for more experinced Magicians to post ways of maxing faction that average Magicians (for the content) can do to max the faction
svenalo
Arch Magus

Re: SoD faction

Post by svenalo »

Kill the mobs and do the tasks. It isn't that complicated, especially if you do the tasks for the collection quest for the theme.
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

I understand that doing every single task will get you alot of faction, but you cannot expect the average Magician(for that content) with a casual attitude towards the game to want or be able to do every single quest and or mission in the theme. I wanted to start this forum so players could post the easiest, quickest quests in order to max faction
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

I didn't say do every single task - I said do the ones for the collection quests. Or you can do the handful of ones you need for progression over and over. Or you can pick a couple you know you can do and do those over and over. But if you are wanting to get to ally for the spells and type 3's, doing the collection quest route will get you most of the way without have to drive yourself insane from boredom doing the same thing over and over again. And yes, a average mage in average gear at 85 in a group CAN do all those collection quests. Or just get in a group and kill mobs repeatedly until you get the faction that way - an average mage in average gear with a air pet could probably get the faction for Oceangreen, Kithicor, and FoS themes just by solo/moloing on mobs, listening in for group task adds from your guild or people in the zone as they do so.
Darkenr
Volunteer

Post by Darkenr »

Aye, I would highly suggest doing the quest arcs to get the augs (the collection quests as mentioned earlier) in each theme like has been already suggested. That way you're working to a NICE upgrade (aug), along with doing tasks to keep you busy, getting chronobines, exp, and working on faction all at the same time.

For oceangreen you get Bayle's Heraldic Crest.

As you can see in the picture below, that aug can be put into a shield, which if you didn't already know, the AC you have on a shield bypasses AC caps, and is pure raw AC so this is a must have for anyone. It will greatly help in you taking a hit or 2 by an unlucky add, or a rampaging mob, etc.

Each theme has a very strong aug that can be attained through doing a series of quests. You should look into doing these, and by the time you're done with these and the progression quests you should be capped or VERY close to being capped with each faction.
svenalo
Arch Magus

Post by svenalo »

The FoS theme item isn't an aug, it's a mask is the ancient iksar skellie illusion. And for the Rathe theme, it also isn't an aug, its the ogre familiar. The others are augs though.

All the collection quests are listed at http://home.comcast.net/~mathadon/Guides/SoD/index.html.
dorfillya
Conjurer

Post by dorfillya »

Every theme seems to have a couple easily soloable tasks that gives faction. And they were nearly all repeatable, (after the appropriate lockout).
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Thats what I am looking for is people to post those easy solo tasks so people can look here and find out waht to do
dduble07
Elementalist

Post by dduble07 »

Thats what I am looking for is people to post those easy solo tasks so people can look here and find out waht to do